Subject: Seeking CCDB data

From: "Hr. Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:05:46 +0100

Dear Colleagues;

        I wish to search the Cambridge Crystallographic Database for struc-
tures that might have been deposited there which meet all of the following
criteria:

     (i) they are phenolic; and

    (ii) they have an intramolecular hydrogen bonds between the phenolic 
         -OH moiety and some other group (e.g., an oxygen atom or a 
         C=O moiety ortho to the phenolic -OH moiety); and

   (iii) their structures have been determined by neutron diffraction
         (I need experimental values for the positions of the hydrogen
         atoms as well as for the heavy atoms).

        I applied to the Pittsburgh Supercomputer Centre to access their
CCDB mirror, but I was turned down because I am not affilated with an Ameri-
can institution.  Therefore, if anyone out there in CCL-Land would be will-
ing to undertake a search for me in some mirror of the CCDB for compounds
meeting the above criteria, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Yours most respectfully,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
Inst. f. orale Mikrobiol. u. allg. Immunol.
Zent. f. Zahn-, Mund- u. Kieferheilkd. der Univ. ZH
Plattenstr. 11
Postfach
CH-8028 Zuerich 7
Switzerland

Internet: [email-masked]
FAX-nr: ( ... + 1) 261'56'83