Subject: CCL:function only fitting methods

From: A J Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:55:00 +0100 (BST)

Hi!

Does anyone know of a really good (public domain) algorithum for 
minimisation without analytical gradients where my number of degrees of 
freedom are many less than my error function? Ie I want to reduce the 
error function to as close to zero as posible.

I have had a look at a flavour of Bartel's method - but I would 
appreciate any other ideas - or even a general pd implementation of 
Bartel's method.

Thanks for any help

Alex 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------
|Alexander J Turner         [email-masked]                  |
|Post Graduate              |http://www.bath.ac.uk/~chpajt/home.html|
|School of Chemistry        |+144 1225 8262826 ext 5137             |
|University of Bath         |                                       |
|Bath, Avon, U.K.           |Field: QM/MM modeling                  |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
-- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
-- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html