Subject: Data of amino acids?

From: Tong Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 13:42:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, everybody,

I'd like to know where can I find data of amino acids, such their
geometry, bond length and angle of peptide bonds etc. And is there an
online resource of such kind of informations?

Much thanks.

Tong Peng        [email-masked]

---

From: Mark D Shenderovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 17:45:22 -0700 (MST)

> Tong Peng        [email-masked]
Dear Tong Peng,

The papres that introduce new MM force fields for peptides/proteins
usually give a description of amino acid geometry they use. It has been
done in the most systematic way by Prof. Scheraga's group in

Momany et al., J.Phys.Chem. 1975, 79, 2361.

For the recent corrections see also

Nemethy et al., J.Phys.Chem. 1992, 96, 6472.

Hope this will help you.

Mark Shenderovich.