Subject: Q: algorithm for eigenvalues

From: [email-masked] (Niels van der Laag)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:16:30 +0200

Dear CCL-ers,

I am looking for a algorithm, or a reference to it, which retrieves
all eigenvalues (and preferebly also all the eigenvectors) of a
hermitian complex band matrix.
(I need the eigenvalues of a special Hamiltonian)

Because I work with matrices with large dimensions, it should use
its knowledge about its banded structure. The number of non-zero 
elements is large.

Please mail to my personal mailaddress.

Thanks in advance,

Niels,

+----------------------------------------------------------+
| Niels J. van der Laag                                    |
|      Student Computational Chemistry                     | 
|        Dept. of Physical Chemistry  (Solid State NMR)    |
|        University of Nijmegen                            |
|        Toernooiveld 1, NL-6525 ED Nijmegen, Netherlands  |
|        phone: ++31-24-3653112 email: [email-masked] |
|                                      [email-masked]   |
+----------------------------------------------------------+