Subject: Compiling Gaussian on SGI PC/R10000

From: [email-masked] (Wagener Thomas)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:36:08 +0200 (CES)

Hello netters,

has anyone succeeded in compiling GAUSSIAN94 on a SGI PowerChallenge with
R10000 processors (uname -m gives IP25) under IRIX 6.2. I have been trying
now for two weeks without success.
Basically I have tried with GAUSSIAN94 level C.2 and the general PowerChallenge 
options using only the additional -r10000 flag. After some manipulation on
the Makefile I have been able to get _some_ executables (without error
messages from the compiler and only a few warnings) but they simply produce 
nonsense results.
Any help is greatly appreciated (especially the sending of working
Makefiles (-; ). I will summarize the answers if there is need.

Thanks in advance,
		Thomas

- "You are wrong! 2+2=5.8354! Please adjust your equipment accordingly."
			The Computer (your friend)

*****************************************************************************
* Thomas Wagener                   *  Tel: ++49-(0)6421-285561              *
* FB Chemie                        *                                        *
* Phillips-Universitaet Marburg    *  Email: [email-masked] *
*                                  *                                        *
* 35032 Marburg                    *                                        *
* Germany                          *                                        *
*****************************************************************************