Subject: CCL: Message Passing and Distributed Computing Workshop

From: Marcela Madrid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 16:19:11 -0400 (EDT)

MESSAGE PASSING AND DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING WORKSHOP
                            November 11-14, 1996
                      Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
                             4400 Fifth  Avenue
                            Pittsburgh, PA 15213

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center invites you to apply for our
Message Passing and Distributed Computing Workshop to be held 
November 11-14, 1996.

The purpose of this workshop is to familiarize researchers and
programmers with the use of message passing to run parallel code on a
cluster of homogeneous or heterogeneous machines.

The goal is for a new user to successfully develop basic codes using
message passing. There will be extensive talks and hands-on exercises on the
Message Passing Interface (MPI).

Participants must have prior experience with Fortran or C and with the UNIX
operating system.  Admission is free to the academic community. Interested
corporate and government applicants should contact the PSC corporate liaison
at (412) 268-4960 for information on attendance fees.  Housing and travel are
the responsibility of participants, but we will assist you in making
reservations.  Group rates on hotel accommodations are available on a
first-come, first-served basis.

To register, please complete and return the application form below by
October 31, 1996 to:

Workshop Application Committee 
ATTN: Dr. Marcela Madrid
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
4400 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA  15213

You may also e-mail the form below to [email-masked] or
fax it to (412-268-5832).

More information about PSC's educational and training efforts can be
found at:

http://www.psc.edu/general/education/education.html

*****************************************************************************
          MESSAGE PASSING AND DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING WORKSHOP
                          Nov. 11-14, 1996
                          APPLICATION FORM

Name:________________________________________________________________________

Department:__________________________________________________________________

Univ/Ind/Gov
Affiliation:_______________________________________________________

Address:_____________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________

Telephone:___________________________________________________________________

Electronic Mail
Address:________________________________________________________

Social Security Number:__________________________

Citizenship:__________________

Are you a PSC User?____________________ 

If yes, username:_______________________

Academic Standing:_____________

F  - Faculty             UG - Undergraduate                   I  - Industrial
PD - Postdoctorate       UR - University Research Staff       GV - Government
GS - Graduate Student    UN - Univerisity Non-Research Staff  O  - Other:

Would you like assistance with arranging hotel
accommodations?__________________

Briefly describe your computing background (scalar, vector,
parallel, platforms, languages) and research interests.

_____________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________