Subject: IRIX 6.2 and R10000

From: [email-masked] (Wendy W. Richardson)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 96 8:25:13 CST

We are about to upgrade one of our workstations to an R10000 processor,
with the corresponding upgrade to IRIX 6.2.  The guy from SGI said the
6.2 release was fairly stable, and the systems related stuff should all
work fine, but we could have some problems with applications software
(he is not familiar with modeling software).

Has anyone else done this?  Does your modeling software still work?  Is
it faster?  Were there any special things you had to do to get things
to work?  Will I need to get/create another set of executables?

I am most concerned about: Sybyl, Daylight, Gaussian94, Macromodel, 
                           Catalyst, Spartan

I will summarize any responses I receive...
-------------------------------------------------------------
                                      ("`-/")_.-'"``-._
Wendy W. Richardson, Ph.D.            (. . `) -._    )-;-,_()
Sr. Research Investigator             (v_,)'  _  )`-.\  ``-'
Searle                                _;- _,-_/ / ((,'
4901 Searle Parkway                 ((,.-'  ((,/
Skokie, IL 60077                   [email-masked]