Subject: The GIFA NMR software

From: Marc-Andre Delsuc <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 96 19:33:34 +0100

Hi all Netters,

GIFA is an NMR processing program that runs on most UNIX machine.
It as been around for quite a time now, and the version 4.0 was announced
about a year and a half ago.

A new version of the Gifa is now available :
Version 4.10 - dated 15 october 1996

Check the WEB home-page :

http://www.cbs.univ-montp1.fr/GIFA/

(you will find screen snap-shots, macro example,
 the complete manual (more than 200 pages all together), etc...)

==============================================================================
NEW with this version
---------------------

The most prominent new features of this version includes :
  - a new assignment module
  - extended the use of data-bases
  - Graphic User Interface have been renewed and extended

==============================================================================
SHORT PRESENTATION OF GIFA
--------------------------

        The Gifa program is a multi-purpose NMR program. It is designed for
the processing, the display and the analysis of 1D, 2D & 3D NMR data-sets.
        The program includes all the classical processing, displaying and
plotting capabilities of an NMR program, as well as more advanced
processing techniques such as Maximum Entropy processing or Linear
prediction. There is no actual limit to the size of the data-set which can
be processed. A complete macro language permits to builds sophisticated
processing. The Graphic User Interface is fully designable and programmable
by the user.
        An assignment module has recently be added to the program. It is aimed
toward the assignment of protein and peptides from a set of 2D homonuclear
experiments.
        The program currently runs on most UNIX platforms. The graphics
can be displayed on X-Windows terminals. Plots are generated on postscript
or HP-GL devices.
        There is support for processing files coming from Varian and Bruker
(AM, AMX, DMX) spectrometers, as well as more generic formats (ascii format,
matlab (tm) files, etc..).

==============================================================================
DISTRIBUTION
------------
        This version is distributed under a licence. There is no
fees for academic laboratories, however the licence requires that you refer
to Gifa in any published work which depend in some manner on the Gifa
program.
	The program, as distributed is fully workable, a small annoying message
just recall you to ask for a licence.

        This program can be downloaded by anonymous FTP on Internet, the
home site is the following address :
ftp://www.cbs.univ-montp1.fr/pub/gifa_v4

There is also mirror sites :

In Japan :
at Institute for Molecular Science, Okazaki,
ftp://ftp.ims.ac.jp/pub/unix/chem/gifa
gopher://gopher.ims.ac.jp:70/11/tmp/pub-link/unix/chem/gifa

In US. :
Ohio Supercomputer Center, Colombus
ftp://www.ccl.net/pub/chemistry/software/UNIX/gifa/

  Only the HP, SGI, Solaris and AIX versions are available now,
  other versions (Linux) should follow soon
  (if no problem arise)

Best Regards

						M.A.Delsuc

_________________________________________________________________________
Marc-Andre' Delsuc                        Centre de Biochimie Structurale
[email-masked]                 Faculte de Pharmacie
tel : (33) (0)4 67 04 34 36                       15 av, Charles Flahault
fax : (33) (0)4 67 52 96 23                       34060 Montpellier cedex
www : http://www.cbs.univ-montp1.fr                                FRANCE