Subject: Summary of Amino Acids Question

From: Tong Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 12:46:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Below is a summary of answers I received to my question about amino
acids data. Thanks to all!

Tong Peng

The question:
================
> Hi, everybody,
>
> I'd like to know where can I find data of amino acids, such their
> geometry, bond length and angle of peptide bonds etc. And is there an
> online resource of such kind of informations?
>

Answers:
===================
From: CHRISTIAN PARRY <[email-masked]> 

These are known as parameters and come with molecular modelling programs
such as Charmm (or Xplor, for that matter), OPLS, etc. For academic
charmm contact M. Karplus at Harvard, Dept of Chem or MSI.

==================
From: Wayne Steinmetz <[email-masked]>

Check out my Web page, MolData, which is an annotated bibliography to
chemical
data sources on the World Wide Web.  The most useful links will data
sources on the World Wide Web.  The most useful links will found on the
Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry pages.  The URL for MolData is

    http://pages.pomona.edu/~wsteinmetz/moldata.html

=========================
From: "[ISO-2022-JP] ^[$B@5B<^[(B" <[email-masked]>

(1) For unionized amino acids, L.Schaefer group study unionized amino acid
by ab initio 4-21G basis set. Please use CAS for searching them.......

(2) For amino acids zwitterion forms, two papers show glycine zwitterion
in the gas phase does not exist.                                           

===========================
From: "Igor V. Pletnev" <[email-masked]> &
From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>

Have a look at
  http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemistry/bio/amino-acids.html