Subject: Computation in Molecular Biology Workshop, 2-11 Feb 1997

From: "Oren M. Becker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 19:29:19 +0200 (IST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
             UNESCO - Hebrew University of Jerusalem
   International School for Molecular Biology and Microbiology (ISMBM)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

                     International Workshop
                             on
               Computation in Molecular Biology

                      2-11 February, 1997

                             at
                The Silicon Graphics Laboratory
              The Hebrew University of Jerusalem

   Sponsored by UNESCO Paris and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aims:  Computation in Molecular Biology at the Silicon Graphics Lab.

       The course is designed for graduate students and researchers in
       molecular biology who are interested in studying and practicing
       computational methods.

Number of Participants:  20

Scientific Program: 
       Sequence analysis, modeling of biomolecules and molecular
       graphics, advanced topics in computational molecular biology.

Teaching Staff:
       H. Margalit (HUJ, Jerusalem)
       O. M. Becker (Tel Aviv U)
       M. Berman (Silicon Graphics Biomedical, Ltd)
       C. Sander (EMBL, Heidelberg)
       R. Elber (HUJ, Jerusalem)
       A. Goldblum (HUJ, Jerusalem)

Housing:
       All participants will be housed in a hotel (at a reduced rate)
       near the University Givat Ram Campus (walking distance), two
       participants per room. Single room should be requested.

Fellowships:
       A limited number of fellowships to cover part of the expenses
       will be available. (Participants are advised to request travel
       fellowships from national or international scientific
       organizations). 

Registration:
       Please send your application by fax: name, address, fax number,
       telephone number, e-mail address, information on your research
       studies (PhD students should attach a letter of recommendation
       from instructor) to:

       FAX: 972-2-6784010 ("Computation in Molecular Biology")

       Registration deadline: 1 December, 1996
    
       Acceptance letters by: 1 January, 1997

Prof. Yechiel Becker
Director UNESCO-HUJ ISMBM
e-mail:  [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------