Subject: A World Wide Community for Chemists

From: Robin Boyett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 16:21:00 +0000

List members may wish to sample ChemWeb.com, another forum for discussion
and interchange. ChemWeb.com provides single point access to discussion
groups and electronic meeting rooms, a rich library of journals and other
data sources, a job exchange, and shopping mall  all aimed at the global
chemical community.Titles in the library include new journals such 
as"Current
Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science" which recently received and 
excellent review in Nature (Vol 383 page 4 Sept 5th). New content will be 
continuously
added, including the Available Chemicals Directory from MDL. Many other 
publishers are expected to add their journals and databases to the Library 
over the coming months.

Anyone with a focus on biological or medical issues may be familiar with the
BioMedNet site (http://BioMedNet.com). ChemWeb.com is closely modelled on
BioMedNet.

Membership in the ChemWeb.com community is open to all at no charge. Members
will be able to search the site through text and chemical structure.
Currently, during a special introductory period, all articles are free. So
it's a great time to take a look around!