Subject: job opportunity at BAYER/Wuppertal

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 12:55:46 EST

Start of Attached Message
                           =========================

                    Computational Chemist at Bayer

In our German Pharmaceutical Research Centre at Wuppertal an opportunity
has arisen for a computational chemist to join our Structural Research Group.

Our Profile:
Bayer is a recognized research-based healthcare company headquartered in
Leverkusen/Germany. [For more details please refer to http://www.bayer-ag.de]

Your Task:
The successful candidate will collaborate in a multidisciplinary team
responsible for Structural Analysis (including High Field NMR and X-Ray
Analysis) and Molecular Modelling in close cooperation with medicinal
chemists and pharmacologists. State-of-the art equipment for computational
chemistry is available as well as almost complete access to virtually all
TRIPOS and MSI/Biosym software modules.

Your Profile:
We are currently seeking a PhD research scientist (Computational Chemist)
with significant professional expertise in at least one of the following
areas:

    -   use and/or development of molecular modelling methods for proteins,
        protein/small molecule interaction or indirect drug design techniques.
    -   Use of De novo Drug Design and/or Structure Activity Relationship
        methodology
    -   usage of 2D/3D-Databases and calculated molecular properties in
        course of drug finding process, high throughput screening analysis
        and/or structure and property-based design of libraries for automated
        synthesis.
    -   bio-informatics or biochemistry including homology modelling of
        proteins

Working experience in a pharmaceutical company's molecular modelling group
will be an advantage. The successful applicant must have a good working
knowledge of chemistry. UNIX experience and C-programming skills are
desirable. Demonstrable expertise and experience in available commercial
modelling software packages (e.g. the TRIPOS and MSI suite of programs) will
be an advantage too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Address:
If your background and personal experience fits to this profile,  please apply
with full CV to:

    Bayer AG
    Mr. G. Ritter
    Personalmarketing
    Hauptstr. 119
    D51368 Leverkusen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In urgent cases please contact:

Axel Jensen,  PhD
Pharmaceutical Research Centre
PH-RSR
D42096 Wuppertal
Germany
email: [email-masked]