From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 14:19:03 +1100

Australian Science - Australia's Future
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 14:22:18 +1000
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked]
From: "Dr. Dave Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Provisional program for ChIN molecular design symposium at 7ACC
Cc: [email-masked]

Call for papers:

           ONE DAY SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY
                      AND MOLECULAR DESIGN

                             at the

               7th Asian Chemical Congress(6ACC)
                        16-20 May 1997
               International Conference Centre
                     HIROSHIMA, JAPAN

The symposium will cover research in computational chemistry, molecular
design of drugs and materials and bio-organic chemistry.  The symposium
will follow a similar format to that of the successful computational
chemistry symposia held at the 5th Asian Chemical Congress in Kuala Lumpur
in 1993 and 6th Asian Chemical Congress in Manila in 1995.  Papers
discussing research conducted in any of these broad areas are now requested
by the Symposium convenors.

Requests for further information on the  computational chemistry symposium,
and
expressions of interest, should be directed to the convenors:-

Dr. David Winkler                         Phone:  61-3-9542-2244
Principal Research Scientist              Fax:    61-3-9543-8160
CSIRO Division of Chemicals and Polymers
Private Bag 10 Rosebank MDC  		  [email-masked]
Clayton 3168 Australia

Prof. Xu Zhihong
Laboratory of Computer Chemistry
Academia Sinica				  [email-masked]
Beijing

Abstracts of papers (one inch margins, A4 paper, single spaced 10 point Times,
Courier, Pica or Elite typeface, title in bold capitals) should be
submitted to
the Secretariat as soon as possible.  Please send copies to the computational
chemistry convenor as well.

                             P R O G R A M

SESSION 1	MOLECULAR DESIGN OF BIOACTIVE AGENTS

0900-0930  Prof. Toshio Fujita (Fujitsu Kansai, Japan) -
           "Experimental Theoretical Chemistry:  A Contradiction
           in Terms?"
0930-1000  Prof. Yoshi Takahashi (Toyohashi Institute of Technology, Japan)
1000-1030  Contributed paper

1030-1100  MORNING TEA

SESSION 2	MOLECULAR DESIGN OF MATERIALS

1100-1130  Dr. Suichi Iwata (University of Tokyo, Japan)
           'Dealing with complexity in the current information environment'
1130-1200  Dr. Xiaoxia Li (LCC, Academia Sinica)-
           "Internet Network System and Resources for Chemistry-
           The Internet in China and WWW for ChIN"
1200-1230  Contributed paper.

1230-1400  LUNCH

SESSION 3 	NEW FRONTIERS IN COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY

1400-1430  Prof. Warren Hehre (Wavefunction Inc)-
           "Conformations of C60 analogues"
1430-1500  Prof. Eiji Osawa (Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan)-
           "Molecular orbital studies of conducting polymers"
1500-1530  Contributed paper

1530-1600  AFTERNOON TEA

SESSION 4	THEORY AND EXPERIMENT IN CHEMISTRY

1600-1630  Dr. Dave Winkler (CSIRO Australia)
           "Use of DFT and EMS to Study Strained Ring Structures"
1630-1700  Contributed paper

Cheers,

Dave

Dr. David A. Winkler                             Voice: 61-3-9542-2477
Principal Research Scientist                     Fax:   61-3-9543-8160
CSIRO Division of Chemicals and Polymers         http://www.csiro.au
Private Bag 10,Clayton South MDC,                http://www.wark.csiro.au
Clayton 3169, Australia