Subject: Re: Simulated Annealing

From: Pat Walters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:05:46 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Dear Sirs :
>         We are looking for optimization routines incorporating
> Simulated Annealing.  Are there any web sites or references?
> Thank You,
> 

Take a look at these sites :

http://ntuix.ntu.ac.sg/~szli/book_1/Chapter_9/node149.html

http://www.taygeta.com/annealing/simanneal.html

http://www.sdsc.edu/~frost/Ebsa/WebTour/

Also see

Press, Teukolsky, Vetterling, Flannery, Numerical Recipes in C, 2nd ed
p444

Have fun,

Pat

------------------------------------------------------------------
W. Patrick Walters, Ph.D.
Scientist, Computational Chemistry and Molecular Modeling
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 130 Waverley St., Cambridge, MA  02139  
Voice: (617)577-6000   FAX: (617)577-6400

---

From: "Carlos A. Gonzalez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 96 11:52:00 -0500

> Simulated Annealing.  Are there any web sites or references?

	I have implemented a parallel version that scales very well on
the CRAY T3D and T3E.  The current version is being used at the
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center to optimize large atomic clusters.  In
addition, I implemented a library that can be used to optimize any
mathematical function.  If you need more information you can contact me at:

			[email-masked]

			Regards;

				Carlos Gonzalez.