Subject: Unit of the force constant within the G94

From: "Szilagyi, Robert K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:24:22 +0100

Dear Members,
 
I am interested in the unit of force constant given in the output file
of a Gaussian94 calculation. In the heading part of a frequency analyses
the mDyne/A is given, but I receive nearly twice as it would be
expected.
I am tempting to say, that the unit is mDynd/Bohr instead of mDyn/A.
Am I right?

-- 
    
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     
        Robert K. Szilagyi                  Mueller Laboratory
          ph.d. student                     Dept. Organic Chemistry
                                            University of Veszprem
       [email-masked]                 Veszprem, H-8201
                                            POB. 158; Egyetem u. 10.
     Phone:  +36 88 422022 extn. 395        HUNGARY
     Mobile: +36 20 461413 (temp. susp.)
     Fax:    +36 88 427492                  http://mm1.vein.hu/

======================================================================     
       ********** All opinions are my own, NOT my employer's !
**********
    
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~