Subject: apologies

From: "Jan M.L. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:28:54 +0200

Dear subscribers,

a number of people complained about my posting an entire program to CCL,
and suggested that I give an ftp URL instead of wasting precious bandwidth.

Let me point out in my defense that I checked the list WWW pages for submission
instructions and that what I came up with was the following:
http://www.ccl.net/ccl/welcome.html
>
>
> Topics which may appear on the list include:
>
>[...]
> *Programs and utilities
> [...]
> If you are posting a long file (e.g. a program), please split it into
> chunks which are smaller than 50 KBytes. Always identify the part number
> and total number of parts in the Subject line (e.g. NiceDraw Part 2 of
> 5).
> [...]

So I just did what it *says* in these pages.

Nevertheless, I apologize for any long downloads and aggravation I may have
caused people who do not receive their mail on Unix boxes and had their
modems clogged up by my "garbage". The package is now up for download by
FTP at:

ftp://www.ccl.net/pub/chemistry/software/SOURCES/FORTRAN/gar2ped

Future updates and/or corrections will be made to the FTP file *only*, and
only announcements will sent out to the list.

As a final note, I would respectfully suggest that the moderator update the
above submission information.

Sincerely,
Jan Martin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
dr. Jan M.L. Martin                 Senior Lecturer, Computational Chemistry
       Department of Organic Chemistry/Kimmelman Building, Room 262
            Weizmann Institute of Science/Rechovot 76100/ISRAEL
FAX +972(8)9344142  Phone +972(8)9342533  E-mail [email-masked]
  *** temporary WWW home page       http://theochem.weizmann.ac.il/  ***
------ kol ha-olam kulo gesher tzar me'od, v'ha-ikar lo lefached k'lal -----