Subject: positions opening

From: Ziwei Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:24:45 -0500

POSTDOCTORAL / TECHNICIAN POSITIONS

POSTDOCTORAL & TECHNICIAN POSITIONS available immediately
in exciting multi-disciplinary research programs to study 
protein structure/function and to develop novel peptide-based 
and nonpeptide drugs. You will work with an interdisciplinary team
of peptide and organic chemists, computer modelers, structural
biologists, and molecular biologists and immunologists.

We are looking for applicants in any of the following areas:

(1) Molecular Biology or Immunology.  Must have experience in 
expression systems (prokaryotic and eukaryotic), site-directed
mutagenesis, cell culture or in vitro assays and receptor binding
assays.

(2) Synthesis and Structure of Peptides and Peptidomimetics and
Combinatorial Chemistry.  Must have experience in peptide synthesis
(preferably using automated solid phase peptide synthesizer) and
HPLC purification, mass spectrometry, NMR and CD spectroscopic study
of peptides and peptidomimetics, organic synthesis of non-peptidic 
compounds, development and application of combinatorial synthetic
techniques.

(3) Molecular Modeling and Computer-aided Drug Design.  Must have
experience in computational chemistry, experience in working closely
with chemists and biologists, protein structures, peptide and
peptidomimetic
design, computer docking to search small molecular databases for
ligands.

A Bachelor's/Master's degree is required for a technician position.
Competitive salary and benefits.  

Send resume including day-time and evening telephone numbers to:  
Prof. Ziwei Huang
Kimmel Cancer Institute
Thomas Jefferson University
Bluemle Life Sciences Building, Room 802
233 South 10th Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
USA

FAX: 215-923-2117; E-mail: [email-masked].  

Please visit our homepage for more information about the laboratory
Website: http://nana.jci.tju.edu
------------------------------------------------------------------------