Subject: Help on making high quality color slide

From: "Park, Tae-Yun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 18:20:42 +0100 (NFT)

Dear all,

Sorry if this message is out of topic for this 
newsgroup/mailing list.

I need some advice concerning making good quality of 
slides for presentation.

My situation is the following:

1. Computer Available: IBM RS/6000(43P) Powerstation
                       Apple Mac. IIvx

2. Software Available: Various graphics softwares, such as
                       Photoshop3.0, Chem3D Pro, Excell 3.0,
                       Mac Draw Pro, Igor Pro...

3. Printing Device: Personal Laserwriter 320

My question is the following:

What additional device should I purchase for making a high 
quality color slides for presentation?

All I can do now is drawing the objects(graphics, charts..)
on the screen of my computer, but I need to put them
on slide films for presentation.  

I have thought this problem for relatively long time
and probably the easiest ways that I can consider now are

(i)   buying a color laser printer and print my figures on
      a paper, and then take a photograph with a camera 
      installed with slide film; but I do not like this way 
      because I do not need to have the color image on the paper
      but only on the slide film. I mean the high price for the 
      color laser printer to print on a paper does not have
      to be paid for me, I think.

(ii)  Taking a photograph directly from the screen by using 
      a camera; this would be the cheapest way to produce 
      the color slide since I don't need any additional 
      device except a camera. However, the quality of the 
      slide is not good enough in this case, since, for example,
      the PICT image on a Mac. screen has much less resolution 
      than the printed postscript file.

(iii) Buying a special device only for preparing slide; I've 
      considered this possibility since I heared that there is
      a special device for Mac. which prints the image of
      the graphics files directly onto the slide film, and
      this kind of device has very high resolution; but
      I do not know anything else about this equippment(name,
      price, company, etc.)

Is there any other possibility to make a high resolution color
slide film for presentation?  How do you make your color slide
if you need to give some presentation?  

Any suggestion/information/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

				Sincerely,

				     Park, TAE-YUN    
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
State University of Ghent
Laboratorium voor Petrochemische Techniek
Krijgslaan 281, Blok S5  
9000 Gent, Belgium	  
TEL:+(32)-0(9)-264-4527
FAX:+(32)-0(9)-264-4999
e-mail: [email-masked]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=