Subject: XMol on AIX4.1

From: [email-masked] (Giovanni Scalmani)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 05:48:12 -0800

Dear friends,

I am looking for someone who has already succeded in porting XMol on
IBM RS6000 systems running AIX4.1. The XMol file (xmol.rs6000) I got
at ftp.imb-jena.de does not work (I think it was build for AIX3.x).

Thanks,
Giovanni.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 ^^^ | SCALMANI Giovanni                 [email-masked]
 o o | Universita' degli Studi di Milano
  |  | Dipartimento di Chimica Fisica ed Elettrochimica
 \_/ | via C.Golgi, 19                          Phone: ++39-2-26603254
     | 20133 Milano (Italy)                     Fax  : ++39-2-70638129
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jon Rienstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 12:22:33 -0500 (EST)

> at ftp.imb-jena.de does not work (I think it was build for AIX3.x).

Change your language to C:

setenv LANG C

XMol should run fine then.  Incidently, this also appears to be the
problem in getting Netscape 3.0 to run under AIX4.1

-- Jon

                               |||||
                               |   |
                               (0 0)
----------------------------oOOo---oOOo----------------------------------------
| JON RIENSTRA                                                                |
| e-mail: [email-masked]                                        |
| WWW: http://zopyros.ccqc.uga.edu/~rienstra/index.html                       |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| work: CCQC at the University of Georgia |  "Reality has taken a leaf        |
| office: Room 506                        |   from my book and set itself     |
| Athens, GA 30602-2556                   |   to supersede me."               |
|                                         |                    -- H.G. Wells  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------