Subject: Re:electron donating ability

From: "Dr. Stefan Dapprich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:09:26 -0500

Richard Wong wrote:
> I am looking for papers which discuss the electron donating ability of
> simple molecules such as NH3, OH2, FH, PH3, SH2, Cl, CO and N2, etc.

If you are interested in the electron donor/acceptor properties of those
molecules as ligands in transition metal complexes, the following papers
might be helpful:

1. A. W. Ehlers, S. Dapprich, S. F. Vyboishchikov, G. Frenking,
"Structure and Bonding of Transition-Metal Carbonyl Complexes M(CO)5L (M
= Cr, Mo, W) and M(CO)3L (M = Ni, Pd, Pt; L = CO, SiO, CS, N2, NO+, CN-,
NC-, HCCH, CCH2, CH2, CF2, H2)", Organometallics 1996, 15, 105. 

2. S. Dapprich, G. Frenking, "Ligand Effects in Transition Metal
Dihydrogen Complexes: A Theoretical Study", Organometallics 1996, 15,
4547.

3. S. Dapprich, G. Frenking, "Investigation of Donor-Acceptor
Interactions: A Charge Decomposition Analysis Using Fragment Molecular
Orbitals", J. Phys. Chem. 1995, 99, 9352. 

Hope this helps,
Stefan

--------
Dr. Stefan Dapprich
Cherry L. Emerson Center for Scientific Computation
Chemistry Department, Emory University
Atwood Hall
1515 Pierce Drive
Atlanta GA 30322
Phone +1-404-727-2381
Fax +1-404-727-7412
Email [email-masked]
URL http://euch4m.chem.emory.edu/~dapprich
--------