Subject: Re: CCL:Getting structures from SYBYL to FMPro

From: Joel Wolff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 15:43:50 -0500

At 10:30 AM 11/18/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I am trying to put together an automated (semi-automated?) procedure for our 
>chemists to get their structures from SYBYL (3D-structure, on the SGI) into 
>FileMaker Pro v3.0 (2D-structures, on their Macintoshes). They are currently 
>re-drawing their structures (you can imagine the problem this is, especially 
>with the CombiChem folks)
>

Janet,

The makers of ChemDraw can probably help you here. I can think of several
easier ways to deal with this problem:

1. Export from SYBYL and open in Chem3D. Then export from Chem3D to ChemDraw
format.

2. Contact us about our upcoming support of SMILES in ChemDraw 4.0. This
would remove several steps in your process.

3. Move the files through ChemFinder, which already has links between
Chem3D, ChemDraw and FileMaker.

Everything can be done via AppleScript once the files are moved to the
Macintosh.

Let me know how I can help.

Joel Wolff, Ph.D.
Director, Technical Services
CambridgeSoft Corporation
875 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
[email-masked]