Subject: CCL:Re:tar files

From: "Alexandru Platon-jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:24:43 +0200 (EET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:51:22 +0200 (EET)
From: Alexandru Platon-jr. <[email-masked]>
To: Grant Handford <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: CCL:tar files
>>>included "dos_tar.zip" in original message, not present here<<<

Dear Grant,

 I saw on your message header that you are using Windows Eudora for
e-mailing, so that I assumed that you are not very familiar with UNIX
commands. There's an archived MS-DOS version of tar included in this
message, as an attachment. The archive contains the files "readme",
"tar.doc" and "tar.exe". This program is also available by ftp (login:
anonymous, password: [email-masked]) at the address
'serv.icerp.ro', following the path: /pub/net/dos_tar.zip . 
 Please, let me know if I could be of any more help. Good luck. 

> ..
> started at using a computer for e-mail, Internet, etc.  I need to know how
> to convert compressed tar files into usable form.  If you could help me it
> ..
 --
Alexandru Platon-jr., ChemE
INCERP - Ploiesti, RO | tel:+40-44-135111/int.196 | fax:+40-44-115732 
e-mail: [email-masked]