Subject: Re: CCL:Compiling F77 on SGI and Re: CCL:RPAC 11.0

From: "Peter Shenkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 14:41:23 -0500

In my opinion, CCL is not an appropriate forum for repeated interactive 
discussions of what may or may not be a bug in a particular compiler.

Certainly Robert could continue his conversation offline with Omar
Stradella from SGI, who replied concerning some of the earlier problems
reported.  Following resolution, it would be highly appropriate to
post a summary to CCL.  The SGI newsgroups, on the other hand, might 
be an appropriate forum for public discussion.

In any event, the problems now reported could easily be a consequence
of the code not being 64-bit clean in some subtle way, though of
course a compiler bug cannot be ruled out without considerably more
detail -- which I hope CCL will not be subjected to.

	-P.

-- 
****** Multicultural Holiday Song:  "I'm Dreaming of a White Kwanzaa" *****
* Peter S. Shenkin; Chemistry, Columbia U.; 3000 Broadway, Mail Code 3153 *
** NY, NY  10027;  [email-masked];  (212)854-5143;  FAX: 678-9039 ***
MacroModel WWW page: http://www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/chemistry/mmod/mmod.html