Subject: Looking for Molecular Modeling Software

From: Arthur Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:17:31 -0800 (PST)

Dear Netters,

Very fortunately we get the funds that we have long been searching for. 
What we want now is a set of molecular modeling softwares mainly for
undergraduate education. Would you please offer your kind hands to point 
out what we should get and where we could get them?

These softwares are supposed to meet these requirement:

o Run on PCs, under DOS or WINDOWS.

o Free on-line or commercial available.

o The most popular ones. You know there are already so many softwares 
doing modeling. Here we want some smart ones like ALCHEMY2000.

o Proper for undergraduate education. Please focus on structural 
chemistry. Necessary functions include:
	* 3D structure generation, visualization and manipulation;
	* Quantum mechanics and Molecular mechanics calculation;
	* Crystal structure modeling (inorganic and organic)
	* macromolecules as well as small molecules

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Maybe you just need to tell me what 
is your favorite in hand. I will put back the summary.

Regards,

Arthur Wang

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/   Arthur Wang                     Doctoral Candidate     _/
_/   Molecular Design Lab                                   _/
_/   Institute of Physical Chemistry, Peking University     _/
_/   Beijing 100871, P.R.China                              _/
_/                                                          _/ 
_/   E-mail: [email-masked]                          _/
_/   Tel: 86-10-2751490    Fax: 86-10-2751725               _/
_/   WWW: http://www.ipc.pku.edu.cn/moldes/arthur/home.html _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/