Subject: Compiling Gaussian 94 under Linux Kernel 2.xx

From: Thomas Wagener <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 14:29:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi netters,

I have two questions concerning the topic:
The first one is probably a FAQ but I have no connection to the WWW at
the moment and so I have not checked the CCL archives. I apologize for
wasting the bandwidth.
The problem occuring is that Gaussian needs a "UNIX make facility" and
does not work with the GNU make. My question now is where I may get a
standard Unix make for Linux. I have tried the BSD make with no success
and all I have found browsing the standard ftp servers was the "normal" 
GNU make.
The Linux distribution I installed on the PC comes with a "native" GNU
fortran compiler. Is there any possibility and - above all - advantage in
trying to compile Gaussian with this beast or is the general f2c approach
preferrable? 
Many thanks in advance. If there is need I will summarize to the list.

Sicerely,
	Thomas Wagener

- "You are wrong! 2+2=5.8354! Please adjust your equipment accordingly."
			The Computer (your friend)

*****************************************************************************
* Thomas Wagener                   *  Tel: ++49-(0)6421-285561              *
* FB Chemie                        *                                        *
* Phillips-Universitaet Marburg    *  Email: [email-masked] *
*                                  *                                        *
* 35032 Marburg                    *                                        *
* Germany                          *                                        *
*****************************************************************************