Subject: Workshop on Parallel Solution of PDEs

From: [email-masked] (Amy Levy)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 15:53:17 -0400

Bring-Your-Own-Code Workshop
                      on the Parallel Solution of PDEs

                               Sponsored by:

                              Cornell Theory Center
       Institute for Computer Applications in Science & Engineering
                           Argonne National Laboratory

                              April 14-16, 1997
                     Registration deadline: March 1, 1997

                                    at
                            Cornell Theory Center
                             Cornell University
                                 Ithaca, NY

A workshop designed for computational engineers and scientists with an
interest in distributed computation for large-scale problems in partial
differential equations is announced. The workshop will introduce
participants to PETSc, the Portable, Extensible Toolkit for Scientific
Computation. It will consist of a day of presentations by PETSc developers
and users, and two days of "hands-on" coaching to port codes brought by
participants to parallel machines.

For additional information, including the registration form, link to:

   http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Edu/Workshops/PDE.97.Apr/index.html

or contact

        Amy Levy
        Conference Assistant
        Cornell Theory Center
        Telephone: (607) 254-8686
        E-mail: [email-masked]