Subject: Crystal structure of trimethoprim bound to E. coli DHFR

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 10:44:51 CST

Dear CCLers:

              I would like to have the coordinates for the crystal structure
of trimethoprim bound to E. coli DHFR. It is not available in the PDB. Any
suggestions as to where I could find this information, would be highly
appreciated.

              The crystal structure was solved in 1985, and the reference
for it is:
Mathews,D. A.; Bolin, J. T.; Burridge, J. M.; Filman, D. J.; Volz, K. W.;
Kaufman, B. T.; Beddell, C. R>; Champness, J. N.; Stammers, D. K.; Kraut, J.;
"Refined crystal structures of Escherichia coli and chicken liver dihydrofolate
 reductase containing bound trimethoprim" J. Biol. Chem., v 260, 381-391 (1985)

              If there is sufficient interest, I will summarize the responses
for the net.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,

Chaya Duraiswami
(email: [email-masked])