Subject: Reaction-diffusion solver, C

From: Miroslav Kolar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 00:49:12 -0600 (CST)

Would you like to try TRANSIENT - a new reaction-diffusion
equations solver?

For more details, visit: http://www.pangea.ca/~kolar/trans.htm 

HERE IS AT LEAST A SHORT DESCRIPTION:
   TRANSIENT is a C program for the time-dependent
solution of arbitrary systems of generally nonlinear, parabolic partial
differential equations in two variables (space and time), in particular,
reaction-diffusion equations. An efficient adaptable time-stepping
algorithm is applied. User has to supply a problem definition module
(PDM) for each system of equations. A detailed 39 page manual, and
demonstration PDM's for four different problems are supplied with the
package. One of the demonstration PDM's deals with the simulation of the
uniform corrosion of a metal surface and the diffusion of the corrosion
products into two consecutive adjacent porous media. This module uses a
nonequidistant spatial grid in order to treat adequately (with an
increased precision) the important region near the corroding surface.
The second demonstration PDM treats in a simplified way a gas generation
in a closed space and its diffusion out through a narrow pipe. The third
deals with an idealized model of stochastic surface growth, and the
fourth with the Brusselator model of the mathematical biology. 

Mirek Kolar		[email-masked]
http://www.pangea.ca/~kolar/