Subject: Bioinformatics Conference

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Essex)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 12:23:42 GMT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                           MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

               The Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society
  
                                 presents
  
                     BIOINFORMATICS AND DRUG DISCOVERY
  
                              2-4 April, 1997
                 University of Manchester, United Kingdom

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A two and a half day meeting covering the use of bioinformatics in all
aspects of drug discovery from the application of genomics for rational
target identification to structure-function prediction.

Invited speakers:

	Geoff Barton		University of Oxford, UK
	Roger Brent		Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
	Peter Buneman		University of Pennsylvania, USA
	Tom Flores		European Bioinformatics Institute, UK
	Tim Hubbard		MRC Centre for Protein Engineering, UK
	Peter Karp		Artificial Intelligence Center, USA
	David Parry-Smith	Pfizer Central Research, UK
	Manuel Pietsch		GlaxoWellcome, Switzerland
	Mike Sternberg		Imperial Cancer Research Fund, UK
	H. Werner Mewes		Max-Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Germany

The meeting will begin after lunch on Wednesday, 2 April, 1997, and finish
at approximately 5 pm on Friday, 4 April, 1997.

Oral contributions and poster presentations are invited; abstracts should 
be submitted for consideration to Dr Andy Brass by 1 February, 1997. A 
limited number of student bursaries are available; students should indicate
that they wish to be considered for a bursary when they submit their
abstract.

For further information about the meeting, see:

                http://mbisg2.sbc.man.ac.uk/hssp/mgms.html

To register, send a completed registration form obtainable from the above
web page to Dr Jonathan Essex by 1 March, 1997.

         EARLY REGISTRATION IS RECOMMENDED AS PLACES ARE LIMITED

The 1997 Annual General Meeting of the Molecular Graphics and Modelling
Society will take place on Thursday, 3 April, 1997, at 5 pm at this
conference.

       Dr JW Essex                         Dr A Brass
       Department of Chemistry             School of Biological Sciences
       University of Southampton           Rm 2.205 Stopford Building
       Highfield                           University of Manchester
       Southampton                         Oxford Road
       SO17 1BJ                            Manchester
       United Kingdom                      M13 9PT
       email: [email-masked]             United Kingdom
                                           email: [email-masked]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++