Subject: Viewmol available in CCL archives

From: Software Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 15:37:34 +0100

Viewmol 2.0 is available in the archives of the CCL.
www.ccl.net /pub/chemistry/software/SOURCES/C/viewmol
     1043kB viewmol-2.0.tgz

Viewmol is a program for the visualization of outputs from
quantum chemical as well as from molecular mechanics programs.
Currently supported are Gaussian 9x, Discover, DMol/DSolid,
Gulp, Turbomole, and PDB files. Properties visualized include
geometry (with various drawing modes), vibrations (animated
or with arrows), optimization history/MD trajectories, MO
energy level diagram, MOs, basis functions, electron density.
Drawings can be saves as TIFF, HPGL, Postscript, input files
for Rayshade. Viewmol uses separate "input filters" to process
output files. Therefore it can easily be extended to read
output of other programs.
Viewmol was developed under Linux, but is currently known to
run also on IBM's AIX, SGI's IRIX, Digital's OSF1, and HP's HP-UX.
It requires OpenGL or its freeware clone Mesa.