Subject: new version of program

From: " Marina S. Molchanova" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 18:34:24 +0300 (BT)

Dear Netters,

The latest version of SMOG 1.6 (Structural Molecular Generation) is
available in the archives of Computational Chemistry List in the
directory: /pub/chemistry/software/MS-DOS/SMOG on www.ccl.net server.
You can get there by anonymous ftp or via the CCL home page:
http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html

SMOG is a program  for  exhaustive,  irredundant,  and  efficient
generation  of  chemical  isomers  by their gross formula and a set of
structural constraints. You just enter the summary chemical formula
and it creates all possible isomers within the constraints (e.g., number
of rings) which are specified. Multiatomic ready fragments ("core
fragments") may be used for generation alongside with separate atoms.

SMOG runs on IBM PC-compatible computers. It requires at least 640
Kb of RAM and occupies about 1 Mb of  disk  space  (2-3  free  Mb  for
storing  the  results  are  also  desirable).  The presence of a color
graphics adapter  (EGA/VGA)  is  necessary,  and  a  mouse  is  highly
desirable for faster work. The program is supplied with a detailed
manual and on-line help.

In the case of any problems,  contact Marina Molchanova (Institute
of Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences)

(tel) (7-095) 135-9089; (7-095) 335-2836
(fax) (7-095) 135-5328
(E-mail) [email-masked]; [email-masked]