Subject: Re: CCL:viewmol question?????

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 17:50:43 +0100

>   I am having trouble running the viewmol binary: 

You are not alone...

> 'ldd viewmol'  
> 
> gives 
> 
> 'libXm.so.2 => not found' 
> 
>   It seems the binary file also requires $Motif :( since the libs   

True. I tried lesstif, which left me with the problem of an
incompatible libtiff. When I finally had everything, I could start
viewmol, but it would crash immediately.

I contacted the author, who replied that there were several similar
complaints, and that he would release a fully static Linux binary
soon. That ought to solve all problems, at the cost of a much
bigger executable file.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------