Subject: FCP:Symp. Comp. Chemical Kinetics and Dynamics, ACS-CRM

From: "Storer, Joey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 08:31:35 -0600

Symposium Announcement
                                                       and 
                                          FINAL Call for Papers
                                                      1997
                 Computational Chemical Kinetics and Reaction Dynamics

                                     American Chemical Society
                                 29th Central Regional Meeting
                                            May 27-30, 1997
                                           Midland, Michigan

This is the final call for papers for a symposium that will focus on
computational chemical kinetics and dynamics. Research will be
reviewed where theoretical methods are used to solve issues of 
mechanism and to unravel interesting kinetic and dynamic properties
of chemical reactions.

Analysis of the accuracy and insights available from new theoretical 
approaches will also be a dominant theme.

The symposium is open to a broad range of theories from accurate 
quantum methods to the ever successful Transition State Theory.

Included in the symposium will be the following presentations:

K.N. Houk	
Theoretical Modeling of Anomalous Kinetic Parameters in Carbene 
Rearrangements, and the Competition Between Carbene 
Rearrangements and Cycloadditions.

W.L. Hase	
(To be announced)

G.A. Petersson      
Complete Basis Set Reaction Rates.

H.B. Schlegel               
Some Recent Improvements in Computational Tools for Studying 
Chemical Reactions.

D.A. Smith
Mechanism of DMDO Oxidation of Amines in the Gas Phase, 
Continuum Solvent, and with Water Catalysts.

T. Truong
Molecular Modeling of Chemical Reactivity of Zeolites.

Abstracts may be forwarded by e-mail to the organizer.
(Final submission due by 1-15-97.)

Organizer:
Joey W. Storer  ([email-masked])
The Dow Chemical Company
Computing, Modeling & Information Sciences
1776 Building
Midland, MI 48674
517-636-7883
FAX: 517-636-5406