Subject: Re: main memory

From: Joerg Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:29:51 -0800 (PST)

> does anyone knows a command (or script, or C-program etc.) to display
> the amount of main memory of an IBM workstation ? On a SGI workstation
> one just have to type the command hinv to get all the information. Is
> there anything equivalent for IBM workstations ?

Try lscfg as root:

# lscfg -l mem*
  DEVICE            LOCATION          DESCRIPTION

  mem0              00-0D             64 MB Memory Card
  mem1              00-0H             64 MB Memory Card

Joerg-R. Hill

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Dr. Joerg-Ruediger Hill   | Every attempt to employ mathematical methods in the
Molecular Simulations     | study of chemical questions must be considered pro-
9685 Scranton Road        | foundly irrational  and  contrary  to the spirit of
San Diego, CA 92121-3752  | chemistry ...  If mathematical analysis should ever
USA                       | hold a prominent place in chemistry - an aberration
                          | which  is  happily  almost  impossible  -  it would
Phone (619) 546-5508      | occasion  a rapid  and  widespread  degeneration of
Fax   (619) 458-0136      | that science.
E-mail [email-masked]        |     Auguste Comte, Philosophie Positive,
Paris, 1838
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
 The opinions expressed in this message are my personal opinions and no offical
 statements of Molecular Simulations.  For informations about Molecular Simula-
 tions products take a look at: http://www.msi.com/.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-