Subject: MOPAC 6.0 for Windows 95

From: "Hr. Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 08:24:35 +0100

Dear Colleagues;

        A week or so ago I posted a query about difficulties I was experi-
encing running a DOS version of MOPAC 6.0 in a DOS box under Windows 95.  I
received a very large variety of possible workarounds, and I thank all re-
sponders for their kind interest in my problem.

        One responder suggested that there was no point worrying about run-
ning a DOS version of MOPAC 6.0 under Windows 95 when a version of MOPAC 6.0
compiled for execution under Windows 95 was available for download from

             http://ufark12.chem.ufl.edu/victor/mopac/index.shtml

This website contains two MOPAC 6.0 executables: one for up to 50 atoms
(MOPAC50.ZIP) and one for up to 150 atoms (MOPAC150.ZIP).  These .zip files
were easy enough to download, but after repeated attempts I always received
a message from WinZip that something was wrong with the files and that they
couldn't be uncompressed.

        So my questions to CCL subscribers are as follows:

(a) Has anyone successfully downloaded, uncompressed, and used either
MOPAC150.ZIP or MOPAC50.ZIP?  If so, I'd like to hear from you about
your experiences with either or both of these programmes.

(b) My efforts to contact the person who I believe actually compiled MOPAC
6.0 as a Win95 executable, Dr. Victor Lobanov, have proven unsuccessful;
mail sent to either of his e-mail addresses ([email-masked]
    or [email-masked]) bounces back as undeliverable.  Does anyone
know how to contact Dr. Lobanov?

Thanks in advance to all responders,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
ZH
[email-masked]