Subject: Summer Undergarduate Research at Emory

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:36:45 -0500 (EST)

UNDERGRADUATE  SUMMER  RESEARCH  FELLOWSHIP  PROGRAM
In Computational Chemistry & Physics

June 9-August 15, 1997

Cherry L. Emerson Center For Scientific Computation
EMORY UNIVERSITY
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

OBJECTIVE

Provide intensive research training in computational chemistry/physics including electronic 
structures, molecular dynamics and modeling; gain experience using an IBM SP2 
supercomputer and IBM RS6000 workstations; all of which, will enhance the student's 
career development in computational chemistry  and physics.

Fellows will pursue individual research projects under the direction of faculty members 
associated with the Center.  Lectures, seminars by faculty, and student seminars will 
supplement the research program.

QUALIFICATONS

Completion of junior undergraduate year with a major in chemistry or physics.  Criteria 
used in determining fellowship will include college grades, relevant experience and interest, 
and letters of recommendation from faculty members.

SPECIAL FOR THIS YEAR

This summer will be exceptional, in that, the 9th International Congress of Quantum 
Chemistry, the most important international conference in quantum chemistry, will be held 
at the Emory Conference Center from June 9-14, 1997.  The first week of the 
undergraduate program will be devoted to attending the Congress and getting aquainted 
with the frontiers in computational chemistry.

APPLICATION DEADLINE

March 31, 1997

STIPEND

$3500/10 week program.  Up to $300 towards travel expenses is available upon request.

HOUSING

Double room occupancy is available for approx. $15/night and would be deducted from 
stipend.

WEB SITE

More details of the Emerson Center and the Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship 
Program in Computational Chemistry & Physics can be found at our web site:  
http://www.emerson.emory.edu/
 
TO APPLY, 
1. Go to the web site above and get the necessary information and forms, 

2. or contact:

Professor Keiji Morokuma, Director
Cherry L. Emerson Center for Scientific Computation
Emory University
1515 Pierce Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Phone: (404) 727-2380
Fax: (404) 727-6586
E-mail:  [email-masked]

Emory University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer