Subject: searching for software

From: Isabel Rozas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:14:59 +0000

Hello everybody,
I would really appreciate some help and information about two kinds 
of software:

1) X-windows emulators for Mac's (Power Macintosh type) and
2) Programs to manipulate and visualize nmr spectra that run or in Mac's 
or in X-windows

I don't mind if they are comercial or free programs, what I have been 
asked for by my Institute are good programs even if they are not cheap.

Thanks a lot

				Isabel Rozas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Isabel Rozas					[email-masked]
   Instituto de Quimica Medica (C.S.I.C.)	Phone: 34-1-562 2900
   c/ Juan de la CIerva 3			Fax: 34-1-564 4853
   28003-Madrid (Spain)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JANET CICARIELLO-COOK 57165 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:25:33 -0500 (EST)

I have been using MacX as an X-terminal emulator for my PowerMac and have been 
happy with it. I use it to access SYBYL (running on our SGI's) from my 
PowerMac 7600/132. It even works when I'm connected to Roche from home 
(subject to modem speed, of course ;-) with a PowerMac 7100/80. I'm not sure 
if a PowerMac is required for MacX.

MacX is available from MacWarehouse. (http://www.warehouse.com/macwarehouse/)

Janet

*********************************************
*  Janet Cicariello-Cook, Ph.D.             *
*  Hoffmann-LaRoche, Inc.                   *
*  340 Kingsland St.                        *
*  Nutley, NJ 07110                         *
*  ph: (201) 235-7165                       *
*  fax: (201) 235-7292                      *
*  e-mail: [email-masked]  *
*********************************************