Subject: Need references on term symbols

From: "Wilson, Bruce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:02:23 -0500

Back in times past, I learned something about all of the term/
symmetry symbols and such for describing the various electronic
states of a material.  I'm in a position now where I need to 
(re)learn that stuff (and not forget it right after the test).
Specifically, I'm looking at things like the 2A1 states, 3A'', 
2(Pi), and so forth.

With apologies to Jim Harrison, who taught me this stuff once,
does anyone have good references to books/tutorials on the 
subject?

I will, of course, summarize to the list.  Thanks.

=================================================================
Bruce E. Wilson ([email-masked])
Chemical Information Services, B-150B, Lincoln Street
Eastman Chemical Company
Kingsport, TN  37662-5150
Voice: (423) 229-8886  FAX: (423) 229-6114 

"Opinions are mine, but available free of charge."