Subject: AMBER DNA parameters to CHARMM (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Dr. David N. Haney)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:52:57 -0800 (PST)

Dynamics and forcefield experts:

I would like to ask the CCL group this same question that was posted on 
the CHARMM BBS by Donovan Chin ([email-masked]).  I know that AMBER params 
can be used with DISCOVER, SYBYL and HYPERCHEM, and I have hear that they 
can be used with XPLOR.  Do they exist for CHARMM (and what other settings 
are necessary)?  And does anyone know of a comparison of running AMBER versus 
AMBER params in these various other codes?  Thanks.

> I would like to know if anyone has any experience with, or knowledge
> about, using AMBER parameters for DNA in CHARMM(m)?  I am aware of the
> AMBER parameters supplied by MSI for use in CHARMm; they are old, and i am
> not sure under what conditions they are valid. 

-- 
#*#*#*#*#*      ADDRESS CHANGE     ADDRESS CHANGE    *#*#*#*#*#*#
        **************  David N. Haney, Ph.D.    ****************
        *  Haney Associates               Phone - 206-232-1401  *
        *  4212 93rd Ave SE                                     *
        *  Mercer Island, WA 98040        Fax - 206-236-5268    *
        *                                                       *
        **************  Email - [email-masked]  ***************