Subject: Please, more teaching...

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 12:27:58 -0500 (EST)

Dear Brothers and Sisters in CCL...

Your coordinator speaking... (as usually off topic...). Commenting on the
last line of one of the messages (WHICH IS, I ADMIT TAKEN OUT OF
THE CONTEXT -- Sorry about it!!!):

      > And please, no more teaching.

Ou contraire!!!  Please, do a lot of teaching!!! We have a lot of
people on the list who are interested in background too...
If you have some overviews, hand-outs, cheat-sheets, software, any
usefull stuff in the context of CCL,  please post it to the list
(if it is short), or deposit materials in archives of CCL (contact me any
time if you have questions...). Please share and have a nice feeling
of doing good in the time when science and education is often about money
(nothing wrong with it, but let us also have some fun in the process,
and keep our souls well nourished... We are the intelectual cream,
we do it for the humanity, aren't we?. You bet we are, even if there is
a price tag...).

This is not to start a flame war, but just a friendly reminder that
many of us enjoy the education which is brought by the list. Myself included.
So, do not be hesitant to include the background info in your message.
We have students and educators, and newbies, and we teach and have our niches
and want to learn more... No, this is not about pushing the list to
a highschool level, but about sharing... Not everybody is an expert in
everything, and it is nice to have general idea, and know whom to ask...
And for those of us who are pragmatic (we all are...): It is nothing wrong
with generating the need, and then feeling it up, and generating a new one.
We are a step ahead, aren't we? 
And if you want to learn? -- Please ask good questions... I am sure I motivated
some people. I am a nice fellow and a jovial person, and do motivation well.
And if you have collected your answers, please make a summary (trim the
headers, long signatures, and try to cut the redundant info), and post it
to the list. I enjoy them -- I hope more people do too...

Thanks and sorry... Please, do not continue this topic on the list.
It is my job to so soul searching here, so do not get into unfair
competition {:-)}.

Jan Labanowski
[email-masked]

P.S. Yes, we work on improving infrastructure and the contents of the
list quite intensively, and we will have some goodies at spring time...

---

From: David Soriano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 15:14:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jan:

I would ask all forum members that are involved in aspects of molecular
modeling, emphasis on bio-active molecules, to please e-mail me
information on software they are currently using. I will be compiling this
information for inclusion in a, page linked to Dr. Heelis' new journal:
"Internet Journal of Science : Bilogical Chemistry". Thank you , Dave
Soriano Ph.D. Pitt's Bradford campus in Pa. U.S.A.