Subject: Euroconference on Fullerenes 97

From: "EURESCO (Valerie Allspach)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:49:27 +-100

This conference is part of the 1997 Programme of European
Research Conferences. Further information on the programme - and on the
conference below - can be obtained on our www server or by writing to
our office (addresses at the bottom of the ad).
Thank you very much for your co-operation
Yours sincerely,

Valérie Allspach
EURESCO Publicity Officer

*************************************************************************
                 EUROPEAN RESEARCH CONFERENCE on

        CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS OF MULTIFUNCTIONAL MATERIALS :

                     FULLERENES IN CONTEXT
           Espinho, Portugal, 6-11 September 1997

Chairman: P.W. Fowler (Exeter)
Vice-Chairman: F. Zerbetto ( Bologna)

SPEAKERS WILL PROVISIONALLY INCLUDE:
W. Andreoni (Zurich), F. Kajzar (Gif sur Yvette), K. Prassides (Sussex),
P. Bernier (Montpellier), H. Kroto (Sussex), M. Prato (Trieste),
E. Campbell (Berlin), H. Kuzmany (Vienna), P. Rudolf (Namur),
T. Ebbesen (Strasbourg), D. Leigh (Manchester),
J.F. Stoddart (Birmingham), J. Fischer (Pennsylvania),
F. Negri (Bologna), R. Taylor (Sussex), A. Hirsch (Erlangen),
G. Orlandi (Bologna), F. Wudl (Santa Barbara)

SCOPE OF THE CONFERENCE
The aim of this conference is to build a bridge between chemists and
physicists working in the recently established field of fullerene
research and interested scientists in the more traditional disciplines
of organic chemistry, supramolecular chemistry, polymer science and
materials science. Speakers from across the whole range of disciplines
will survey chemical, physical, spectroscopic and theoretical aspects of
their latest research and will assess the potential of fullerenes, tubes
and related structures as building blocks for chemical
functionalisation, supramolecular assembly, materials applications and
devices.

The conference is open to researchers world-wide, whether from industry
or academia. Participation will be limited to 100. The emphasis will be
on discussion about new developments. A poster session will also take
place. The Registration Fee covers full board and lodging. Grants will
be available for younger scientists, in particular those from less
favoured regions in Europe.

Deadline for applications: 30 April 1997

For information & application forms, contact the Head of the EURESCO
Unit:
Dr. Josip Hendekovic, European Science Foundation, 1 quai Lezay-Marnésia,
67080 Strasbourg Cedex, France. Tel.+33 3 88 76 71 35
Fax.+33 3 88 36 69 87 E-mail: [email-masked]

on-line information and application on WWW at:
http://www.esf.org/euresco

*************************************************************************