Subject: CCL: Viseur: a GPCR visualization program.

From: Fabien Campagne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 12:15:08 +0000

Dear CCL'ers:

I would like to announce here the release of the Viseur program version
3.0.
Viseur is a program that let you manage and visualize your 
preferred GPCRs (G Protein-Coupled Receptors: a membrane receptor
superfamily).
The program, running on SGI workstations, and distributed free of charge
for academics was developed in collaboration with Sanofi
Recherche Montpellier, a subsidiary of the Elf Sanofi group. 

Viseur provides the user with valuable features :

 - SwissProt, MSF, PDB file format support
 - Sequence visualization
 - Snake-like visualization
 - Alignment visualization and edition
 - 3D Model visualization
 - Interaction with the TinyGRAP mutant database (new in 3.0 release)
 - PostScript and EPS outputs
 - Painting module to highlight residue common properties (used
to          higlight residues that were mutated according to the
TinyGRAP  
   information)
 - HTML (snake-like) and VRML (3D Model) outputs for Web publishing
of      annotated receptors
 
The Viseur program is intended to be used to assist in GPCR modeling.
The program will let you build manually sequence alignments, look at the
same time at helix limits (snake-like view), and change these limits
interactively. Raw 3D Models can be constructed immediately to evaluate
the result of changes in the alignment.

For more information about the program features, program distribution,
and more, please visit:
http://brown.incm.u-nancy.fr/viseur/viseur.html (Viseur Home page)
http://brown.incm.u-nancy.fr/viseur/using/documentation/main.html
(Documentation main page)
http://brown.incm.u-nancy.fr/viseur/snake-like-view/OPRD_HUMAN.html
(snake-like clickable HTML output illustration)
http://brown.incm.u-nancy.fr/viseur/BACTER_RHODO.wrl.gz (3DModel VRML
output illustration)
http://brown.incm.u-nancy.fr/viseur/using/documentation/ViseurTinyGRAP.html
(TinyGRAP mutants visualization)

best regards,

Fabien Campagne -- [email-masked] | Lab. de Chimie Theorique
phone: (033) 83 91 20 00 extension 3236     | Nancy, France.