Subject: VDW in Insight II (95.0)

From: Robert Franke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 14:08:58 +0100 (MET)

dear netters,

does anyone know how to extract values of the van der waals
radii from Insight Discover? 

thanks in advance

robert franke

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
/\                                                /\
/\   Robert Franke                                /\
/\   Fakultaet fuer Chemie                        /\
/\   Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie           /\
/\   Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum                     /\
/\   D-44780 Bochum                               /\
/\   Phone: 049-234-7006751 or                    /\
/\          049-234-7005294                       /\
/\   Fax:   049-234-7094109                       /\
/\   email: [email-masked]   /\
/\                                                /\
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey L. Nauss)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 08:59:03 -0500

> radii from Insight Discover?

Good question.  You might want to look at the file elements.dat or
esff_elements.dat in the directory $BIOSYM/data/insight.  I think that is where
the information lies.  Can anyone confirm this?

-- 
						Jeff Nauss

***********************************************************************
*  UU    UU             Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD                         *
*  UU    UU             Director, Molecular Modeling Services         *
*  UU    UU             Department of Chemistry                       *
*  UU    UU CCCCCCC     University of Cincinnati                      *
*   UU  UU CCCCCCCC     Cincinnati, OH 45221-0172                     *
*    UUUU CC                                                          *
*         CC            Telephone: 513-556-0148    Fax: 513-556-9239  *
*         CC                                                          *
*          CCCCCCCC     e-mail: [email-masked]                  *
*           CCCCCCC     URL  http://www.che.uc.edu/~nauss             *
***********************************************************************