Subject: Helical Axes

From: "Bruce A. Luxon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 14:24:22 -0600

Fellow Netters & Nettees,

Does anyone have a routine, a reference or a thought on how to
construct the central axis of a DNA or RNA double helix -
especially for A-DNA (B is reasonably well-behaved)?  I've
searched quite a bit and tried several approaches but so far
nothing I've dug up is satisfactory for the relatively short
segments I'm looking at (e.g. 10-mers or less). Long segments can
be done several ways but the short ones are difficult. Hmmm...

All info gratefully received.

Bruce Luxon

-- 

*=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
*  Bruce A. Luxon, Ph.D                                                    *
*  Assistant Professor                                                     *
*  Sealy Center for Structural Biology                                     U
*  Dept. of Human Biological Chemistry & Genetics                          T
*  University of Texas Medical Branch                                      M
*  Galveston, TX   77555-1157                                              B
*                                                                          *
*  (409)747-6802; Fax (409)747-6850              http://www.hbcg.utmb.edu/ *
*  [email-masked]                            http://www.nmr.utmb.edu/  *
*=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*