Subject: MM2 for Linux and/or Win95 ??

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:23:45 +0000 (GMT)

Can anyone give me any pointers to Molecular Mechanics packages that are
freeware and run on either Win95 or Linux??

Accuracy and complexity are not an issue - I just want to be able to do some
minimisations on fairly small molecules.  Time (speed) (within reason) is
also not an issue.

Any pointers ??

--	Simon Hogg
	Imperial College, London, UK
	owner of [email-masked]

---

From: Jenn-Huei Lii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:48:28 -0500

Hi Simmon,

MM3(96) will run on Linux.  It is available to academic users from QCPE.
Unfortunatly, it is not free.

-Robert

[email-masked] wrote:
> -------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
> -- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
> -- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
> [email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
> [email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
> Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
>              Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 97 09:20:30 -0600

>> SIMON HOAG writes:

>	owner of [email-masked]

     Please try our TINKER molecular mechanics/dynamics package. It implements
 several different force fields (MM2/3, AMBER, CHARMM-22, AMBER/OPLS, etc.),
 and comes with complete source code and scripts to build it on essentially
 any Unix, and on Win95 using either the MS Powerstation Fortran or the Watcom
 Fortran compilers. The home page for the package can be found on the Web
 at http://dasher.wustl.edu. We just got access to a Linux machine and should
 have an "official" version for Linux soon. In the meantime, if executation
 speed is not an issue, we know that f2c-->gcc--> executables work (slowly)
 on every machine we've tried so far.

--------
Jay W. Ponder				Phone:	(314) 362-4195
Biochemistry, Box 8231         		Fax:	(314) 362-7183
Washington University Medical School
660 South Euclid Avenue			Email:	[email-masked]
St. Louis, Missouri 63110  USA		WWW:	http://dasher.wustl.edu/