Subject: ZINDO

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:14:47 -0500

Thank you for your interest and request for information on ZINDO.
We did give out copies of ZINDO until recently free of charge, but
the popularity of the program and the very many questions we were
receiving on how to run the program, what the results meant, and
so forth, exceeded our ability to respond  properly and in a
timely fashion.  As a result we gave ZINDO to MSI (Molecular
Simulations, Inc.)to distribute.  They have also made a very nice
interface for the program, to both ease the preparation of input,
and to better visualize the output.

They can be reached via

 [email-masked]

 or at

   MSI
   9685 Scranton Road
   San DIego, CA 92121

and the nearest MSI representative will get back to you.     
This version should contain an SOS for polarizability and 
hyperpolarizability written originally by Dave Kanis and
Bill Parkinson and more lately fixed here by Roscoe Yu
and Mike Lee.  

A latter release will have frequency dependent TDA and 
RPA including solvent effects, but this is not in the 
present MSI version.

Sincerely,

Mike Zerner