Subject: LINUX + G94 + RISC = ?

From: [email-masked] (John R. Nash)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:09:23 -0600

Greetings all...
        I note with interest that GAUSSIAN is available for LINUX, although
the release seems geared for Intel-based environments.  With the rapid
overtaking of computational number-crunching power by RISC-based desktop
(and laptop!) machines, it seems to me that a PowerPC would be an
attractive platform to run G94 under the newly-developed MkLinux for
Macintosh. (As a side note, I'm sure a Dec Alpha would do veeeery nicely at
the job as well.)  Since LINUX is designed as a portable OS, it strikes me
as very possible that this can be done, but I don't have the knowledge of
how to do it myself.
        So, my question is...  has anyone tried this?  Anyone want to try
it? (and then show us benchmarks if it works?)  Thanks in advance.

-john nash
UW-Madison

-----------------------------------------------
John Nash                    [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------