Subject: Survey and Prize

From: [email-masked] (Douglas A. Smith Ph.D.)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:07:22 -0500

According to the report, Technology Vision 2020: The U.S. Chemical Industry,
released last month by the American Chemical Society, the first two key
steps in meeting challenges during the next 25 years requires 

            = generation and use of new knowledge, and 
            = capitalizing on information technology. 

Computational technologies were considered a key enabling technology area to
achieve these goals. In particular, Technology Vision 2020 suggested that
industry should "support further development of high-performance desktop
workstations, large and fast vector-processor machines, and highly parallel
processors." We agree, and would like to get the input of the computational
chemistry, molecular modeling and simulation, and structural chemistry
community. 

In order to get the views of the CCL community, I am requesting your
participation in our survey, which The DASGroup, Inc. (DASGroup) is using to
gain an understanding of current hardware and software utilization and
future trends within the chemical industry. Feel free to tell a colleague
about this survey as well. While a limited number of surveys were sent via
U. S. mail to U. S. companies, I would appreciate it if you would take the
time to fill in the survey on our web page at

            = www.dasgroup.com

        As an incentive, any company employee completing a survey will be
entered into a drawing to win a Compaq PaC companion handheld computer with
4 Mb of RAM and running Windows CE. (Sorry, the drawing is not open to
academics, students, or government employees.)  We appreciate you taking the
time to respond to our survey.

Doug Smith
--
Dr. Douglas A. Smith, President and CEO     |  voice: (814) 255-7859
The DASGroup, Inc.                          |    fax: (814) 255-3517
1732 Lyter Drive, 2nd Floor                 |  email: [email-masked]
Johnstown, PA 15905                         |    WWW: http://www.dasgroup.com

Contract R&D specialists in modeling, simulation, synthesis and risk
assessment for chemistry, materials science, and biotechnology.