Subject: data quality again

From: "Dr. Chris L. Waller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 07:47:14 -0500

Thanks to all those who have responded so far. I suppose I should try to
refine the question just a little bit.

I would like to do QSAR studies on high-throughput screening data. The
quantity of data is not a problem here, but the quality does seem to suffer
a bit.

I would like to establish a set of acceptance criteria for modeling studies
of this type.

For instance, (1) all biological data values should be expressed relative
to a positive, or maximal, control value. (2) all biological data values
should be repeatable (n=3, SD < 10%), (3) and so on...

Any ideas?

****************************************************************
Chris L. Waller, Ph.D.                                       
(516) 222-0023 (NY)               Oncogene                   
(919) 489-4700 (NC)               Science ///\\\             
[email-masked]                 \\\///                 
[email-masked]                                         
****************************************************************