Subject: F77 on an R10000 O2

From: Trevor Creamer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:48:38 -0500

My apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate post...

I have just migrated from a R4400 SGI platform running IRIX 5.3 to a new
R10000 O2 running IRIX 6.3 and I'm having problems getting my (very
standard) Fortran programs to compile in 64-bit mode. If I compile
using:

	f77 -O3 -mips4 myprog.f   (or f77 -O3 -64 myprog.f)

I get the following error from the linker:

ld64: FATAL 9: I/O error (/usr/lib64/crt1.o): No such file or directory
f77 INTERNAL ERROR:  /usr/lib32/cmplrs/ld64 returned non-zero status 32

Sure enough, crt1.o does not exist in /usr/lib64. I can compile with no
problems using:

	f77 -O3 -32 myprog.f

- crt1.o does exist in /usr/lib32.

I have gone through the Development Option 7.0.1 and Developer Update
Package (10/96) cd's throughly and there is nothing that hasn't been
installed. Has anyone else run into this ? Any suggestions ?
Cheers,
	Trevor
________________________________________________________________________

 Trevor P. Creamer                          Kentucky Center for
 Email  - [email-masked]          Structural Biology
 Phone  - (606) 323 6037                    Dept. of Biochemistry
 Fax    - (606) 323 1037                    University of Kentucky
                                            Lexington, KY 40536-0084
 http://euripides.gws.uky.edu/~trevor       U.S.A.
________________________________________________________________________