Subject: 5th Conference in Advanced Medicinal Chemistry 5th Conference in Advanced Medicinal Chemistry 5th Conference in Advanced Medicinal Chemistry

From: Alexandros Alexidis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 13:04:00 +0200

*************************************************
5th CONFERENCE IN ADVANCED MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY

"Molecular Aspects of Drug Action in Drug Design"

May 23-25, 1997, Thessaloniki, GREECE.
*************************************************

Under the Auspices of the European Federation for Pharmaceutical
Sciences.
                                                
Organisation: The Department of Pharmaceutical-Medicinal Chemistry,
School of Pharmacy, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, in
Collaboration with the Panhellenic Union of Pharmacists, organises the
5th Conference in Advanced Medicinal Chemistry, on 23, 24 and 25 of May
1997.
The theme of the Congress this year will be: Molecular Aspects of Drug
Action in Drug Design.
There will be eight world-wide recognised authorities in the field as
invited speakers.

Objective: The objective of this Conference is the presentation of the
new developments in drug design, approached from different ways, by well
recognised authorities in Medicinal Chemistry in the broad sense.
Another important objective is the contact of the invited speakers among
themselves and with their Greek and other attending pharmacochemists,
through the scientific discussions and the social meetings. Small to
medium size scientific conferences have the advantage to offer exiting
scientific discussions, in an informal and friendly manner. The high
standards of these Conferences in Advanced Medicinal Chemistry in
Thessaloniki are guaranteed by the special selection of the world-wide
known authorities who are invited as speakers.
Audience: Pharmacochemists, Pharmaceutical Scientists oriented in Drug
Design, Molecular and Biochemical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical
Scientists interested in the molecular aspects of drug actions and drug
interactions, Biologists, Biochemists, Chemists and Agriculture
Scientists interested in xenobiotic, food Biochemistry and environmental
pollutants.

PRELIMINARY SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMME

MAY 23

1. Professor C.C Wermuth, Strasburg: "New cholinergic drugs for
Alzheimer's disease".

2. Professor W. Schunack, Berlin: "Histamine H3-receptor agonists and
antagonists: Chemical, pharmacological and clinical aspects".

3. Professor E. Mutschler, Frankfurt: "Muscarine receptor subtypes -
targets for innovative new drugs".

4. Professor B. Testa, Lausanne: " The lipophilicity in drug design -
significance and applications".

MAY 24

5. Professor N.P.E. Vermeulen, Amsterdam: "Molecular Toxicology and Drug
Discovery / Drug Design".

6. Professor P. Moldus, Sdertlje: "Use of mechanistic studies in the
safety evaluation of drugs.

7. Professor K.J. Netter, Marburg: "The effect of diet on drug
metabolism".

8. Professor M. Rowland, Manchester: "Pharmacokinetic issues in site
specific drug delivery and targeting".

POSTERS

There will be few Posters showing the Pharmacochemical Research
conducted in the Departments of Pharmaceutical-Medicinal Chemistry in
Thessaloniki, Athens and Patras, as well as in other research centres in
Greece.

SOCIAL PROGRAMME

There will be a Welcome Reception, an official Dinner and an Excursion
to an archaeological place in the countryside and Mount Olympus. It is
exiting to visit the places where kings Philippe and Alexander the Great
lived and Aristotle taught.

REGISTRATION FEES

$ 60, Students: $ 30

LOCATION

Auditorium B, Old Conference Centre of the International Trade Fair of
Thessaloniki - HELLEXPO

CONFERENCE SECRETARIAT - INFORMATION

P.N. Kourounakis and E.A. Rekka,
Department of Pharmaceutical - Medicinal Chemistry, 
School of Pharmacy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 
Thessaloniki 540 06, GREECE.
Telephone: 3031 - 997621, 997614.
Fax: 3031 - 997622

For any information please check :

WWW: http://amorgos.pharm.auth.gr/CAMC/

-- 
Alexandros Alexidis
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
School of Pharmacy, Dept. Medicinal Chemistry
Thessaloniki 54006, GREECE.
Tel: 031-997627, Fax: 031-997622
e-mail: [email-masked]
www: http://amorgos.pharm.auth.gr/alexidis/home.html