Subject: Re: CCL:Aromaticity

From: "Mick the imp (not my account!)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:46:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Thorsten Koch wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:42:46 +0100 (MET)
> From: Thorsten Koch <[email-masked]>
> To: CCL <[email-masked]>
> Subject: CCL:Aromaticity
> 
> 
> Dear CClers!
> 
> At the moment I am doing calculations which have to do with aromaticity. 
> Is anyone in the CCL community aware of any recent references or reviews 
> on what aramaticity actually is and how it can be defined and/or computed 
> and/or measured? The articles I read about this topic are mainly from the 
> 70's.
> Any help will be appreciated.
> 
> Bye, Thorsten
> 

Lieber THorsten!

You could always look at the paper from Dietz Tutyulkov et al. in J. 
Chem. Soc. Perkin 2 from 1993. I do not have the exact reference..but you 
should find it from the author index. In this paper you will find three 
criteria for determining antiaromaticity, so you can use the opposite of 
these to determine aromaticity.
check the references as well

hope this helps

mit freundlichen Gruessen

michael

*************************************************************************
Michael Nolan				Dublin City University
41 Woodview				Chemistry + German year 4
Lucan 
Co. Dublin 
Rep. of Ireland

Email: [email-masked]
*************************************************************************