Subject: SETCA 26

From: Morgan Ponder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 13:30:39 -0600

The 26th Southeast Theoretical Chemistry Association (SETCA)
will meet on May 16 and 17, 1997, at the University of Alabama
at Birmingham in Birmingham, Alabama.

A block of rooms has been reserved at the Radisson Hotel Birmingham, 
located at 808 South 20th St., which is walking distance to the campus
meeting site, the Hill University Center Room 412-413.  The SETCA rate
is $68 (+8% tax) for single or double occupancy, and is guaranteed
until the end of April.  Be sure to mention that you are attending SETCA.
You must make your own reservations by calling the hotel directly at
205-933-9000 or by using the toll-free number 1-800-333-3333.  The
Radisson offers complementary transportation to the airport, and free
parking in the parking deck for guests.

We plan to roughly follow the traditional format of a mixture of talks
and posters, with perhaps a panel discussion.  

An informal reception will also be held in the Hill University Center
on Thursday night, May 15, from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.  A banquet will be held
Friday night at 7:30 p.m.  The registration fee is $20 and covers the
cost of the banquet.  Tickets for non-SETCA attendees (please give the
names) are $15 if they wish to attend the banquet.  Dinner reservations
and checks (payable to UAB Department of Chemistry) should be mailed to 
Tracy Hamilton, Department of Chemistry, University of Alabama at
Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 35294-1240, and must be received by April 30.
Registration can be done over the Web (http://sleeper.chem.uab.edu)
or by mail at the address given above.  The deadline for registration
is also April 30.  The list of participants who register by WWW will
be on a list that is publicly available at the SETCA 26 Web site.  The
final program, and information on UAB and Birmingham, will be mailed in
early May.

If you are on the SETCA mailing list, you will also receive a hard copy of
this notice through the mail.  If you want to be added to or removed from
the mailing list, send an email message to [email-masked].

We hope to see you at SETCA 26,

Tracy P. Hamilton, Morgan C. Ponder, and Kiet Nguyen

March 4, 1997