Subject: US-NC Bioinformatics - Sequence Analysis Position

From: Computational Molecular Biology <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 19:14:17 -0500 (EST)

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has an immediate opening
for a specialist in nucleic acid and protein sequence analysis to provide
a leadership role in supporting the community of several hundred users of
biocomputational tools. The successful candidate will organize courses for
users, prepare documentation, and assist individual users with their
sequence analysis problems. Development of publishable teaching materials
or articles will be encouraged.

Strong knowledge of DNA and protein sequence analysis algorithms and
software is essential. Teaching experience and a background in laboratory
molecular biology are highly desirable. The position requires excellent
oral and written communication skills.  Salary is in the range of $33-38K
depending on the experience of the applicant.

The University of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications or additional questions about this position may be sent via
regular or email to:

Philip Carl, Chair of the Search Committee
101 MBBRL, CB7100
UNC Medical School
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7100
Phone: (919)-966-3544  Fax: 919-966-6821
[email-masked]

======================================================================
Computational Resource for Molecular Sciences and Biotechnology at UNC
http://mmlin4.pha.unc.edu/~cmb96/