Subject: QSAR - Followup

From: "Miller, Susan [PRI]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:09:47 -0500

Dear CCL'ers,

  You have all rightly pointed out that I did not provide sufficient
background
information for an answer to my question. I will provide it now (I
hope):

   I am doing everything manually, from the overlays to the
conformational
searches. The compounds I am aligning fall into about half a dozen 
structural categories (by my reckoning), within which there is not great
structural variation but among which there is little similarity. There
are 
large flat fused ring structures and spiro compounds, single phenyl
rings
with long aliphatic chains on either side (in some cases branched, in
others, not) and pairs and larger sets of phenyl and non-aromatic rings
connected by
aliphatic chains and other moieties.

   I hope this clarifies the earlier question somewhat. Thanks for your
replies,
both future and those already sent.

                                              Susan