Subject: NonIRIx operating system on SGI box?

From: "Gustavo A. Mercier Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:25:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi!

CC are heavy users of SGI boxes. I recently saw WindowsNT for
R4X00 MIPS chips and wondered if anybody knows of an SGI box
running anyother OS system in addition to IRIX, particularly
with CC applications in mind.

Any comments?

Thanks!

-- 
                                      ("`-/")_.-'"``-._
Gustavo A. Mercier,Jr.,MD,PhD         (. . `) -._    )-;-,_() 
Division of Nuclear Medicine          (v_,)'  _  )`-.\  ``-
Dept. of Radiology                    _;- _,-_/ / ((,'
University of Pennsylvania           ((,.-'  ((,/
3400 Spruce St.                  [email-masked]
Philadelphia, PA 19104         215-662-3069/3091 fax: 215-349-5843

---

From: Slawomir Janicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:38:27 -0600

Microsoft dropped NT for MIPS a while ago. NT for PowerPC is dead as well. 
Only the DEC Alpha version is in the development for non-Intel chips.

Slawek Janicki
[email-masked]

----------
From: 	chemistry-request
Sent: 	Tuesday, March 11, 1997 5:25 PM
To: 	CHEMISTRY
Subject: 	CCL:NonIRIx operating system on SGI box?

Hi!

Any comments?

Thanks!

-------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
-- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
-- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: 
Coordinator
[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 
73
Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html