Subject: G94 on Linux: running problem

From: Giuseppe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:26:07 -0500 (EST)

Dear CCLers,

I am trying to use Gaussian 94 on a PC Pro 200 operating with Linux but  it
does not work.
My system is a Pentium Pro 200 on a Venus Intel Motherboard, cache 256 KB,
RAM 64 MB, 2 HDs EIDE.
I use Linux 2.0.0,  gcc 2.7.2 version, f2c 19950110 version.

The program is compiled well, there are only a lot of Warning messages like
these:

Warning on line 26 of bdump.f: non-character datum nw initialized with
character string
Warning on line 49 of bufrwf.f: inconsistent calling sequences for fileio,
Warning on line 9 of cblank.f: non-character datum iblank initialized with
character string
Warning on line 117 of chainx.f: inconsistent calling sequences for fileio,
Warning on line 59 of cidngt.f: inconsistent calling sequences for fileio,
Warning on line 80 of cindo.f: non-character datum methnm initialized with
character string
Warning on line 309 of dout2e.f: local variable tenm6 never used
Warning on line 309 of dout2e.f: local variable zero never used
Warning on line 60 of drum.f: inconsistent calling sequences for xread,
Warning on line 152 of drum.f: inconsistent calling sequences for fileio,
Warning on line 70 of dset2e.f: local variable maxnwb never used

and so on.

When I tried to run some tests, the program begun but after a short time the
program stopped without messages of error, in the working directory there is
a core file and in the log file there is the following message:

Leave Link  101 at Tue Mar 11 15:42:21 1997, MaxMem=    4000000 cpu:       0.0

I tried to test the RAM memory with different tests, but apparently it works
well.
Has anyone any suggestions ? Furthermore, any Gaussian user with Linux
operating system could tell me wich version of Linux, gcc and f2c does it
work well ?

If my problem was not of general interest please send me an E-Mail to
[email-masked].

Thank you in advance

				Giuseppe