Subject: Queue systems

From: "Lic. Domingo M. Vera" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:32:53 -0500 (AST)

Dear CCLers

	I have shipped an executable (no code available) version of a popular
computational methods package for a Hewlett-Packard HP9000 735, with a rather
small amount of physical memory. As you may guess ... now I need
urgently a good queue system.

	I appologize if my limitation seems to be specific, but I think
that the problem of finding an adequate queue manager should be very
common for computational chemists.
	Does anybody know a queue system that can be installed on a HP-UX
or any machine running gcc (GNU-C compiler)?
 
	Either binaries or source codes are welcome, but I'm specially
interested in those programs which can run on a HP9000 box. I know that
NQS is really excellent (we installed it on a DEC Alpha / OSF/1 running
Gaussian) but its source-code distribution needs several optional C modules 
installed (for example, ANSI-C support); I was trying to make it with gcc 
without success. Condor is another option I know, but it needs to 
recompile the program with special linking (then it is not suitable without 
the complete source code).

	Thanks in advance. I'll sumarize the answers if you find it useful.

D. Mariano A. Vera
Fac. de Cs. Quimicas. U.N.C.
Cordoba, Argentina.
54-51-334170
[email-masked]