Subject: Re: CCL:G:basic book for the application?

From: Anatoli Korkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:00:14 -0500 (EST)

> 
> I am looking for the basic books or papers to show the application of
> quantum calculation. I have seen books to explain the basic concept of
> quantum mechanics, but it is hard to find a book or a paper to teach the
> application by quantum calculation program such as gaussian94. Since I am a
> beginner in this field, I need a good teacher! 
> 
> Thank you in advance.
> 
> Ho Young Jeong.
> [email-masked] 

Dear Young Jeong,

A good book book is Tim Clark's "Handbook of Computational Chemistry". It is a 
bit old, and may be I missed some good  new books on this topic. Send your
summary to me, if you are not going to send it to CCL.

If you get ACES program, the Bartlett's group provides a good technical
support and you may get answers to some basic questions. Our new company
provides a scientific consulting in addition. If there is enough of
demand we organize workshops (in Florida and in other States and in other
countries) and the internet courses in teaching how to use the quantum 
chemistry programs and how to apply quantum theory to solve chemical 
problems. Of course, the basic quantum theory is explained too. 

You may visit the Aces program and the ACES Q.C. company webb sites:

http://www.qtp.ufl.edu/Aces2/

and

http://www.emtron.com/aces_qc/

Good luck in your studies and future research!

Anatoli Korkin