Subject: Call for Abstracts (Internet in Chem - LasVegasACS - Sept.97)

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 00:58:19 -0500 (EST)

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
                        ==================
                    American Chemical Society
               Computers in Chemistry Division (COMP)

               "Internet for the Practicing Chemist"

          214th National American Chemical Society Meeting
                Las Vegas, NV, September 7-11, 1997

Division of Computers in Chemistry (COMP) of the American Chemical Society
cordially invites you to present a paper at the symposium "Internet for the
Practicing Chemist" to be held at the National ACS Meeting in Las Vegas,
Sept. 7-11, 1997. ABSTRACT MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE APRIL 18, 1997.

The scope of the symposium is broadly defined as "Use of Internet in Chemistry"
and possible topics include (listed here without any priority in mind):
Internet in education and distance learning, legal and business aspects of
the Internet, standards and applications for publishing and presenting
information on the Internet (e.g., CGI, CML, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MIME,
VRML, etc., etc.), tools for conferences and collaboration over the Internet,
managing information resources on the Internet, research uses of the Internet,
and studies on the impact of Internet in chemistry. Please indicate how much
time should be allocated for your presentation, and what special equipment
you may require. I would like to encourage authors to prepare material
for their presentation in Web form. The details of depositing this material
will be provided to the authors at a later date.

The abstracts should be submitted on the original abstract form (please
submit 4 copies). You can obtain this form electronically (an MS-WORD template)
from: http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/abinfo.html or request the hardcopy
from ACS via e-mail ([email-masked]) or Web 
(http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/abrqst.html). If nothing works,
I may try to retype a few abstracts (Max. 150 Words!!!) on the original
form if I get them early enough and in an electronic form (plain text).
Include all additional information requested on the form, i.e., names and
addresses of all coauthors, presenting author phone, FAX, and e-mail, and
ACS Division membership. 

The COMP Division does not provide financial support for travel expenses for
speakers. However, if you have some prospective sponsors, they will get
due credit and acknowledgment during the symposium, their support will
be acknowledged in the Web site resulting from the symposium, and I will be
more than willing to write a solicitation letter as a Session Chairman
to the prospective sponsor. Please contact me if such an opportunity exists
in your case.

Jan Labanowski
Ohio Supercomputer Center
1224 Kinnear Rd
Columbus, OH 43212
e-mail: [email-masked]
FAX: 614/292-7168
Phone: 614/292-9279