Subject: XII ICCCRE

From: [email-masked] (Prof.Gadre Faculty-Chemistry)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 14:58:39 -0500 (GMT)

Please ignore this if you have seen it before!
***********************************************************************
Dear Sir :
  I am sending this circular on a suggestion from Subhas Chakravorty,
who did his doctoral work with me. He told me that you may be interested in 
attending. Please fill up the Registration Form if you are interested
Thanks.......................................Shridhar Gadre
***********************************************************************

               XII International Conference on Computers              
                 in  Chemical  Research  and Eduction                 

                           First Annoucement                          

The Twelfth  International  Conference  on  Computers   in    Chemical  
Research and Education (ICCCRE XII) will be held at the University  of 
Pune  in Pune, India, in the week of 5-10 January 1998.  Pune  is  one 
of  the premier centers of learning  in  India,  located   about   100  
miles  south of Mumbai (Bombay).

The  purpose  of  the  ICCCRE   is   to   present   a   sweeping   and 
state-of-the-art description   and   critical   examination   of   the   
applications   of  computers in  chemistry  presented  by  outstanding
computational chemists.

The program will be organized such that all interested   parties   can  
experience  a  broad  range  of  topics.   There   will    be    ample  
opportunities for small  group  and  one-on-one    discussions.     In  
particular, it is our endeavour that  the  program   will   especially  
cater to the needs of junior faculty, researchers, and  students   who  
are just starting out in the field.  In  addition,  those   based   in  
other disciplines, whose work overlaps  with  computers   applied   in  
chemistry, will be exposed to authoritative treatments  of   computers  
in chemistry and related disciplines.

Tentatively, the technical  program  will  focus  on   the   following  
topics :
(1)  Computers in Chemical  Education
(2)  Electronic  Journals, Publishing and Conferencing
(3)  Artificial  Intelligence,  Chemometrics,  Neural   Networks   and 
     their Chemical Application.
(4)  Molecular  Modeling, Quantitative Structure-Activity 
     Relationship (QSAR).
(5)  Semi-Empirical  and   Ab  initio  Quantum  Chemistry,   Density       
     Functional Methods.
(6)  New  Algorithms and Techniques in Computational Chemistry 

Under consideration is the possibility of pre-conference  sharing   of 
invited/contributed  papers   via   electronic   conferencing  (a  new 
feature of the ICCCRE).

Given the rich and varied history and cultural attractions  of  India, 
the organizers hope to arrange pre-and/or  post-conference  excursions 
of varying duration.  Further details can be found at the web page :   
       http://www.beloit.edu/~chem/ICCCCRE.html.

Programmatic suggestions and nominations for speakers  are  encouraged 
and are indeed very welcome.  Please send your comments   and/or   let  
us know whether you would like to have your name and   address   added  
to the distribution list for further  information  via  one   of   the 
following channels :
 
(1)  Official Mailing Address :
     ICCCRE XII
     c/o  Professor Shridhar R. Gadre
     Department of  Chemistry, University of Pune
     Pune - 411 007. INDIA
     e-mail : [email-masked] 
     Phone and Fax  : 91-212-351728

(2)  Facilitators working with Professor S.R. Gadre :
   
Professor  Peter Lykos                Professor Rama Viswanathan 
Illinois  Inst.  of Technology        Beloit  College 
Chicago IL  60616.   U.S.A.           Beloit,  WI  53511. U.S.A. 
1-312-567-3430                        1-608-363-2273

[email-masked]              [email-masked]

We will  appreciate  your  comments/suggestions,  please  help  us  to 
publicize  ICCCRE   XII   by   forwarding   and/or     posting   this  
announcement   on    bulletin    boards,    L-servs,     WWW    sites. 
newsletters,  society  publications  and  calendars   and   your   own  
distribution  lists. 

                            Response Sheet                            
                              XII ICCCRE                              

Please mail to 
          Professor Shridhar R. Gadre
          Department of Chemistry
          University of Pune
          Pune - 411 007
          INDIA

Fax : 91-212-351728
e-mail : [email-masked]

1.   I will be interested in attending XII ICCCRE in Pune
     (January 5-10, 1998).

2.   I plan to present
          A paper                   Yes/No
          A poster                  Yes/No

3.   I/My Company would like to sponsor a Session/Satelite Meeting.

                                           Yes/No
     Details : ______________________________________________________
     ________________________________________________________________
     ________________________________________________________________
     ________________________________________________________________

4.   Any Other Remarks/Suggestions
     _________________________________________________________________
     _________________________________________________________________
     _________________________________________________________________
     _________________________________________________________________

     Please write your complete name and institutional address
     _________________________________________________________________
     _________________________________________________________________
     _________________________________________________________________
     _________________________________________________________________

Fax :

e-mail

Phone :

The details regarding this conference can be found at the web page :   
       http://www.beloit.edu/~chem/ICCCCRE.html.