Subject: drawings

From: Jeremy Harvey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 19:29:34 +0200

Dear CCL subscribers,

I am looking for a free, simple, programme which generates 3D ball-and-stick
pictures of small molecules (< 30 atoms), suitable for publication, starting
from, e.g. Gaussian Output files or XMol xyz cartesian coordinate files.
Possible corresponding OSs are Windows NT (much preferred) or XWindows/UNIX.
The ouput should be in bitmap or (even better) vectorized form of some sort.
I know the Raswin/Rasmol program, but somehow it doesn't seem to be possible
to get the sort of picture I want. I also searched the web quite extensively
for something suitable, again without success. In the literature, everyone
seems to have nice pictures so they must come from somewhere !!?!
Many thanks, especially to anyone who can suggest a good solution.

Jeremy

Dr. Jeremy N. Harvey

Technische Universitaet Berlin
Institut fur Organische Chemie Sekretariat C4
Strasse des 17. Juni, 135
D-10623 BERLIN
Tel. (49) 030 314 26546
Fax. (49) 030 314 21102
[email-masked]