Subject: Is SGI ORIGIN a parallel machine?.

From: Ramon Garduno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 97 10:09:04 CDT

Dear CCLers:

Our university computer center has just purchase a SGI ORIGIN with 40
array processors. Since we want to write our own parallel version of a
program we have been using for years, we have been confronted with the
question of whether this machine has its own Multiple Data/Multiple
Instruction library routines. We have asked this to our computer gurus
in the campus and nobody gives us a consistent answer. Some say we have
to paste it a public domain library (no warranty of course), and some
say that the SG Web site does not clearly say that these libraries are
to be sold or provided by the company.

We would like to use a well known and stablished set of MD/MI library 
instructions that will work under SG operating systems.

Does any one outhere have more to say?. Any comments should be sent 
DIRECTLY to me in order to keep noise low.

All help will be appreciated.

Much obliged,
--

____________________________________________________________________________
		  	 Dr. Ramon Garduno-Juarez
                     Research Professor in Biophysics
INSTITUTO DE FISICA                  |  EMAIL:  [email-masked]
UNIVERSIDAD NAL. AUTONOMA DE MEXICO  |          [email-masked]
Laboratorio de Cuernavaca            |  VOICE:	(5)6227749 ; (73)291749
Apdo. Postal 48-3                    |          (73)111611 & 175388
62251 Cuernavaca, Morelos            |  FAX:	(5)6227775
MEXICO                               |		(73)173077
___________________________________ EOF _____________________________________