Subject: Call for Papers - ACS Symposium on "Electronic Notebooks, Collaborative Computing and Internets/Intranets in Science" - the deadline is approaching

From: "Rich Lysakowski, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 03:04:31 -0400

Dear Colleague,

The 7th International Symposium on "Electronic Notebooks, Collaborative 
Computing and Internets/Intranets in Science" will be at the ACS Meeting 
in Las Vegas.

THE DEADLINE IS APPROACHING FAST (APRIL 15TH - One week away!!)  

A few days extension may be possible.

If you are doing interesting things with electronic notebooks, groupware, 
document management, the world wide web or Intranets, or collaborative 
computing, or LIMS in R&D and scientific applications that you would like 
to share with other scientists, information specialists, or other 
professionals working in lab automation, chemical or bioinformatics, 
intellectual property protection, or related fields... 

	PLEASE SUBMIT A PAPER!     

ATTACHED IS THE ABSTRACT FORM! [UUENCODED MS-Word for Windows V6.0 template]

GENERAL INFORMATION - About the 214th ACS National Meeting 

The 214th ACS national meeting in Las Vegas will be held September 7-11.
The program will appear on this site in addition to the June 2 and August
4, 1997 issues of Chemical and Engineering News. Information on the Las
Vegas meeting will be posted as it becomes available. 

     American Chemical Society Meetings Department 
     1155 Sixteenth Street, N.W. 
     Washington, D.C. 20036 USA 
     Phone: (202) 872-4396 
     Fax: (202) 872-6128 

IF YOU WANT TO PRESENT A PAPER AT THE SYMPOSIUM

Download the abstract form either from the ACS website at:

     http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/absdown.html

See this next ACS Web link if you don't know how to fill out one of these
forms.

     http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/abinfo.html#howto

DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS

The deadline for abstracts is April 15th.

PLEASE SEND COPIES OF YOUR ABSTRACT AS A FILE ATTACHMENT TO: 

Rich Lysakowski at "[email-masked]"  [Symposium Chairman]

Charlie Gragg at "[email-masked]" [ACS CINF Division Chairman]

HISTORY OF THE SYMPOSIUM SERIES

In 1992 Steve Schmidt and Rich Lysakowski committed to host a series of
symposia at various international venues to catalyze the creation and
acceptance of electronic notebooks and related systems in science.  We
decided a dozen symposia held over a ten-year period would suffice to "make
it happen."  We've had six symposia so far and we are most of the way there
now.