Subject: Dihedral Angle Driver and HyperChem

From: patrick kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 23:04:10 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

 I read that the MM2 force field contains a DIHEDRAL ANGLE DRIVER, which 
allows the user to scan part of the potential surface in search of local 
minima.

 Can anyone tell me if the MM+ force field which is available in HyperChem
(and which is a variation of the MM2 force field) contains this facility?
If so, how does it compare to other conformational search methods such as
simulated annealing. 

 Thanks in advance for your replies.

 Rgds,
 Paddy.

*************************************************************************
*									*
*	Paddy Kane 			email: [email-masked]    * 
* 	School of Chemical Sciences 	  				*
*	Dublin City University 		  Tel: 00-353-1-7045641		*
*	Dublin 9			  				*
*	Ireland.			  Fax: 00-353-1-7045503		*
*									*
*************************************************************************