Subject: problems about installing MOPAC7

From: laborde@vega
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 16:47:13 METDST

Hello,
	
we saw that you managed to install MOPAC7 on your HP computer.
we just tried to do the same, but... the compilation failed.
two problems:
	-apparently, the declaration -static is not recognized by our compilator
	-the option -line that we need to use the fonctions etime and fdate 
	does not work.
	
Could you try to help us solving these problems.

Thanks for all.

au revoir

---

From: Rick Venable <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:05:07 -0400 (EDT)

> Could you try to help us solving these problems.

First, you should fix your mail client; laborde@vega is not a valid
Internet e-mail address except in your local domain.

The -static and -line options are not for the HP; they are probably for
the SGI platform (I know -static is).  The corresponding HP-UX f77 options
are -K and +U77, respectively.

--
Rick Venable                  =====\     |=|    "Eschew Obfuscation"
FDA/CBER Biophysics Lab       |____/     |=|
Bethesda, MD  U.S.A.          |   \    / |=|  ( Not an official statement or
[email-masked]  |    \  /  |=|    position of the FDA; for that,
http://nmr1.cber.nih.gov/           \/   |=|    see   http://www.fda.gov  )