Subject: Re: CCL:G:Request Molecular Display of Z-Matrices

From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:26:35 +0200

Hello Lachlan,

>Dear Theoretical Chemists,
>I am a 1st Year Postgraduate Student at the Uni of New South Wales, I have
>embarked upon a Polymer Science based project which involves using Gaussian94.
>I am looking for some simple software that will take a z-matrix file as
>input and display the molecule in 3D view (and allow rotation of the
>molecule to view it from several angles etc.)
>My Friend uses Molecule on the Macintosh to achieve this, but what is the
>PC equivalent software?
>Shareware would be preferable.

You can use Molecule on a PC as well, provided that you use a Mac emulator
called "Executor" from ARDI. The latest version of Molecule, 1.3.2, runs
fine with it. Check out our WWW page for details:
       <http://www.ccc.uni-erlangen.de/info/Molecule/>
This page also gives a link to the Executor homepage.

I agree that this is not a shareware solution, but the licensing scheme for
Molecule is reasonable enough that your supervisor might want to get it (see
the WWW page) and ARDI also offers educational discounts.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

        Nico van Eikema Hommes

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  [email-masked]       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
  Phone:    +49-(0)9131-856532     Naegelsbachstr. 25
  FAX:      +49-(0)9131-856566     D-91052 Erlangen, Germany